~Chapter twenty-seven~

"Mum! dad!" She got excited and ran over. She gave them both a big hug, glad to see them even though it had only been a few days.

After a few minutes of fuss, they all made their way up to their rooms where the guards were in and out of the corridor.

They unlocked their room and told Adeline parents the plan.

Rylan carried Adeline's bag in for her and she looked slightly shocked at their room.

It was a beautiful cream colour and the bed was grey along with all the other accents. It had a good-sized built-in wardrobe and two armchairs in the corner. To one side of the room, there was a small balcony, and the bathroom was on the right as you walked into the room.

"Oh, this is fancy." She exclaimed, exploring their room.

"Like it?" He asked and she nodded, biting her lip. He put down their bags and unlocked the door, going out onto the balcony and lensing on the railing.

She went up behind him and wrapped her arms around him, noticing his slightly gasp and intake of breath. He managed for a few seconds but quickly removed her hands from his chest.

"I'm not over that hurdle yet, beautiful. I'm sorry." He said quickly and she shook her head.

"No, I'm sorry... I shouldn't have touched you there..." She said guilty and then he shook his head.

"It's okay. We're cool." She said, pulling her into another embrace.

"It's so beautiful." She said looking out onto the surroundings as they held each other on the balcony.

"Not as beautiful as you." He told her, kissing her forehead and savouring their peace which was quickly interrupted. The guards soon started to pour into their room along with their families.

Rylan stood up by the bed, making everyone quiet again.

"Okay, everyone... This seems like a lot for us just to be going out for the day, but it is necessary... Mr. And Mrs. Bailey, I cannot specifically inform you of what's happened, but I can tell you that it is connected to the kidnapping of me and the hundreds of others that got taken... It's quite serious and we don't know what's happening to be honest so we're taking precautions."

Adeline's Dad appeared to look away, almost as if he knew something. Adeline noticed but shook it off, how could he know anything?

"No one goes wandering by themselves unless you're on the same floor of a shop or you know they're guards nearby." He said and everyone nodded again.

"These are the guards that are going to be walking around with you today, not all of them are going to be watching all day, they'll switch out and takes breaks." He explained.

"If. At any point you think someone is following you that isn't a guard, ask Brody, ring me, whatever you want just to make sure that you tell someone so that we can check... There's a good chance that whoever is causing things in the pack, could happily turn up today."

"Okay, everyone understands?" He said finally and everyone nodded again. "Don't worry, you probably won't notice that the guards are there, but I wanted to make sure everyone's safe."

"Right, downstairs and in the lobby in 20 minutes maximum please, we're going to walk down to the shopping centre... We'll come back here before we go to get drinks and food so that we can get all fancy and what-not."

And withing that time they were off, they all walked down to the shopping center together. Brody and Ava were very "together" for the whole walk and surprisingly, Rylan spoke mostly to Adeline's dad. It turns out they got on well, and he explained how he wanted to stay with the girls for a little while before the football started, which he was perfectly fine with.

"Girls, where do you want to go first?" Adeline's dad asked. They had just walked into the shopping centre.

"Maybe we should look for your dress, beautiful?" Rylan suggested.

"Oh, a dress?" Adeline's mum exclaimed, "is this for what I think it is!" She squealed.

"It's for the ceremony on Monday." Adeline nodded.

"I'm sure we'll find something," Rylan said and she nodded. "Come on, let's look, and then I and the boys will head off once you've got your dress."

The girls all got excited, Ava staying quite shy, as Adeline picked out and looked at dresses, Adeline's​ dad seemed quite interested.

She tried a few on, but nothing felt right... Until she tried on the last one from a particular dress shop.

"Oh Addie, it's amazing!" Her dad said quickly, and she looked happy in it, Her mum showed her approval and Rylan's mum awed.

"Sweetheart, you look gorgeous... Oh doesn't she look fabulous!!" Rylan's mum even got excited.

"Ry?" She asked and he stepped forward as she looked in the mirror, he couldn't hold in his wide grin.

"I'm... speechless... You look stunning." He told her, and she blushed, not trying to hide it.

"How much is it?" She asked, trying to look for the label.

"Don't worry." He told her, holding her hands. "I'm going to buy it for you."

"Ry..." She frowned at him, but he shook his head.

"Is this the one you want? If it isn't, we can keep looking, I want you to be happy with it too?" He asked and she looked at herself in the mirror once more before nodding.

"We'll get this once then." He told her.

"We'll let Rylan buy this one, then we'll buy the next one... The proper one." Her father spoke up and she smiled.

"We might have to wait a few years for a wedding dress, Mr. Bailey." Rylan replied smiling and Adeline nodded.

"Get changed and we'll get it packed up and paid for, Beautiful."

Once she was changed, Rylan took it took the till and paid for it, taking it with him so she didn't have to carry it.

"Thank you." She told him quickly, slipping her hand into his as they walked out of the shop.

They eventually split their separate ways and the boys went off to watch football while the girls went shopping.

He texted her a few hours later after hearing nothing. It was the first time they'd really been apart in the last few weeks.

Ry: Having fun? Staying safe? Xx

Addie: Yes :) How's the football? x

Ry: Mehh. I'd much rather be with you, making sure you're safe.

Addie: Ry, I'm fine. I can see like 5 guards right now, no one's going to touch me without getting killed.

Ry: Good. At least they're doing their job... Where have you been so far? Brought much?

Addie: Girly places ;)

Ry: Victoria's secret? ;)

Addie: No, Ry... Close... I've been to buy tampons.

Ry: Wonderful x

Addie: How on earth do you know what Victoria's secret is? What have you been looking at 👀👀 Do I need to check your browsing history? ❤

Ry: Hmm... I wouldn't Xx

Addie: ewwww

Ry: I'm sure wherever you've been is much more interesting than watching the football.

Addie: Probably... Yes, I've been to mainly just clothes shops.. nothing very interesting.

Ry: What did you buy? Do you need to model your purchases for me? ;)

Addie: For all you know I could've just brought perfume...

Ry: I hope not ;) Although, Beautiful... I'm sure you look amazing in nothing at all too ;)

Addie: This is very rude, and I'm busy. I'll talk to you later, enjoy the football.

Rylan chuckled from their conversation and focused back on the football.