- e -

Once the concert was over and Draco had met everyone he was supposed to, he and his wizard bodyguards disapparated and went to his hotel. That's where he was now. Locked in his room for his own protection, bored out of his mind.

Draco stood pacing in his room staring at the receipt still turned over in his hand. He had the address memorized. He couldn't believe Harry had even wanted to see him let alone talk to him. He had been meaning to contact him, but a wand call seemed too impersonal for an apology and luckily he didn't just pop in, because he had moved.

The blonde sat heavily on his bed and twined his hands together before standing abruptly again.

Something was up. Harry didn't hate him. He had watched the darker man from the moment his eyes met those endless pools of green. The way his lopsided smile crawled onto his lips just as easily as it always had. The way the corners of his lips pulled up just slightly when he saw the moment Draco recognized him. The way his grip tightened on the shirt once the blonde had given it back to him as if it were something precious. As if he were something precious.

Why didn't Harry hate him?

He had just left. Harry was begging him not to go and he did. He packed his stuff in a fit of anger and left. Why didn't he hate Harry? Sure, he had been being a bit of a prat, but Harry never came after him. Harry always came after him.

That wasn't the first time Draco had left. He had packed his things plenty of times and went to stay with Blaise or Pansy or his mother back at the Manor. But Harry always came after him. It's what he did. That night. The next morning. A day later. He gave Draco the time he needed and he always knew how much time Draco needed.

Maybe Harry had decided to give up on them, then. They were too much alike. They held too much animosity. He realized after years of trying that in the end it couldn't work out.

He placed his head in his hands after turning the receipt to ash.

He could still see the address as clearly as if he had it emblazoned across the inside of his eyelids.

"I'm just going to give him a piece of my mind." He shook his head. "No, I'm going to apologize." This time he nodded to himself. He stood and put on a pair of dark muggle jeans with a muggle tshirt and his typical dragonhide boots. He wrote a quick note to his guard to know he wasn't lost of kidnapped.

Deep breaths, he reminded himself.

Draco grabbed his wand and kept the address firmly in his head then finally disapparated with a pop. He appeared in front of a small porch then turned to look out onto a nice yard in an even nicer neighborhood. He smiled small and walked up the steps.

The blonde brushed his hair back with one hand then knocked on the door. He stopped abruptly once he noticed the voices and the noises that had also abruptly stopped on the other side of the door. Before he could think about retreating the door opened and a boy who couldn't be more than 10 opened the door. The messy hair that looked so familiar was a shock.

"Wow! You're DL Black!"

"Draco is fine," he said squatting down to the boys level. "What's your name?"

"James Lucius Sirius Potter," the boy said as he straightened up and stuck his hand out proudly. Draco's eyes went wide. "Are you here for my birthday party? Did my dad invite you?"

It was like that one statement doused him with cold water and he looked up into about 20 surprised faces, though he was only interested in one.

Harry looked a mix of embarrassed and proud and Draco couldn't quite figure out why. He supposed he shouldn't be surprised that Harry had found someone to have little Potters with. He was surprised, however, that whoever had shacked up with him let him name the newest Potter after a Malfoy.