twenty.

Like every other day, he saw her.

She was speaking on the phone and walking down the street. He watched her stop by the corner beside him for privacy.

Once she ended the call, she turned and stood tall.

  But this time, she did glance at him. Not only that, but she smiled.

"Hey, stranger."

"Hi there, beautiful, " he gave her a mischievous grin and she chuckled.

"I have something for you, " she pulled out a chocolate bar from her purse. Milk chocolate, his favorite.

  He smiled brightly. "You're the best, Elle."

  "Better than chocolate?"

  "Uh...sure, " he reluctantly said and she frowned. "I'm kidding! You, Estelle Castillo, are better than anything in the world."

  She glared at him for a moment. But then, he pulled her down onto his lap and embraced her tightly, which instantly changed her mood.

  "I love you, " he whispered tenderly into her ear.

  "I love you too, Miles."

  He held her as if he would never be able to again. She closed her eyes, savoring the moment.

  "Please...don't ever leave me, Elle, " he pleaded, which made her furrow her eyebrows.

  "Miles, " she turned to look at him, cupping his cheeks. "I wouldn't... I–I love you. I could never leave you."

  "Do you promise?"

She smiled at him. He was incredibly vulnerable at that moment, but he always was with her. "I promise."

They were silent for a minute. She was almost dozing off in his arms while he was watching the pedestrians that passed by them.

His heart hurt as he noticed the strange, disgusted looks they gave them. Some even dared to laugh.

"Elle, you should go, " he murmured.

"What?" she pulled away from him, perplexed. "Why? What's wrong?"

"They're...they're making fun of us, Elle."

  A group of people mocked them as they walked past. She quickly stood and pulled him up with her.

His eyes widened. "Elle, what are you doing?"

"Excuse me! Yes, hello, I'd like your attention, please! It's very important, " she announced loudly, catching everyone's attention. They stopped in their tracks to listen to the girl in the shimmering golden dress, holding hands with the boy in the dirty jeans.

"I am Estelle Castillo. Yes, the owner of Castillo Companies and Castillo Charities. I am a multimillionaire, " she continued before looking at him, smiling. "And this is Miles Everly. The sweetest, most caring person you will ever meet. He may be homeless, but in terms of character, he is worth more than trillions of dollars."

She faced him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "And I love him more than anything. Not because of what he has, but because of who he is."

His eyes bored into hers like he was looking at her for the first time.

"I love you, Miles, " she whispered before pressing a kiss to his lips. He couldn't help but smile.

Once they broke apart, everyone around them began clapping and those who were laughing changed their attitude.

He chuckled nervously, feeling his heart pound as if it were going to jump out of his chest.

  "Hey, " she cupped his cheeks. "Are you okay?"

  "I'm more than okay! You... Estelle Castillo, you are the most extraordinary person I've ever met. I know I'm going to love you forever, " he promised, raising his voice over the crowd's applause.

  But even if he was whispering ever so softly, she still would've heard him. Her heart would've heard him.

  She smiled playfully. "You better."

A/N: hey, guys! So sorry for this incredibly late update.

  But if you read my message board, you would've known that I was on vacation in L.A! My very first time in the city of my dreams. And yes, it was amazing!

  Next chapter will be the epilogue!