08 | he saw red

"Jax, please go away." Kylie groaned as she hauled the duvet cover over her head as Jax continued to tug it away from her grasp. The two were engaging in a game of tug of war over the duvet and unfortunately for Kylie, Jax was evidently winning.

Kylie squeezed her eyes shut in response to the dreaded morning light flashing upon her face, blindingly bright. She could barely remember the last time she had opened the curtains in the morning of her own accord. Must have been when she still lived at home with Jax and her mum.

"I can't believe it's still this difficult to get you out of bed before ten." Jax said as he began flicking some water on Kylie's face much to her dismay.

When the two had still lived under one roof, Jax had always forced Kylie out of bed before six every morning before attending school. Small sums of money had to be made each and every day and early mornings proved to be the best time to make money.

They would become cleaners for their neighbours or they would travel to popular shopping destinations and the two would busk with an old guitar Jax had found abandoned in a nearby alley; Jax playing the guitar and Kylie singing. Living in London meant that despite the fact that they weren't much good, they would still make enough to survive on most days.

"You thought I wouldn't notice those sagging arms? It's time to get rid of that cellulite, sis." Jax whispered in his sisters' ear jokily, knowing that the thought of gaining weight had always been Kylie's worst nightmare and would probably be the one and only thing that would get her out of bed.

Kylie responded by mumbling rather loud curse words in Spanish and giving Jax the oh-so-familiar special finger that Jax had learnt to welcome from Kylie since the two were kids.

"Of course, you had to ask Jax to be our fitness instructor for the wedding." Kylie poked Jess's shoulder playfully as she stood at the end of the bed, in her gray jogging pants and a crop top that looked so tight it could've been painted onto Jess's skin. Of course, Kylie approved of the choice of clothing.

She trotted past Jess towards the bathroom to get changed for their first session.

-------------------------------------------

"I call these the spiders." Jax began as the two girls stood in front of him. He dropped effortlessly to the floor, performing a push-up and then crawling back up and performing a burpee before repeating without struggling.

"Jax, I ain't doing no fucking spiders." Kylie responded, although she reluctantly dropped down to the floor in unison with Jess.

"If I didn't love you, I would drown you right now, Jess." Kylie whimpered as she struggled to perform a push-up.

"Do it." Jess gasped, admitting defeat as she plopped down onto her back, her chest rising and falling uncontrollably emphasising her unfit state.

"Jax, I'm fucking dying here." Kylie exaggerated, spreading and tangling her legs around Jess's as the two laid beside one another.

"...you've only done two. Give me another eighteen of those." He clapped his hands twice indicating that they should get back up.

Elijah entered the room, passing Jax a can of coke and a packet of Doritos.

"Look at this ass, does it look like I need to work out to you?" Kylie stood up, twirling around slightly, showing off her back-door goodies in her tight-shorts.

Kylie couldn't help but allow her eyes to wonder to Elijah whose eyes were emitting a slight glimmer, probably due to the memory of the night where he'd had first-hand experience of Kylie.