5: Officially Blake's Date

"So what do you want?" Blake asked me. We have already reached Starbucks and now we're ordering the drinks at the counter. I'm still deciding on what I want for my drink. Dark Mocha Frappuccino or White Chocolate Frappuccino? Those two are my favorites, I can't choose between them.

"Uhm, I'll have a Dark Mocha Fappuccino please. Grande." I said as the person at the register counter take my order. 

"And you, sir? Your usual?" She asked Blake, batting her eye lashes and putting her arms at her sides which makes her chest pops out more, but Blake didn't seemed to be fazed. I can tell the girl is affected, as her smile turned into a frown.

"You know me." Blake said emotionlessly, and the girl's shoulder slumped down hopelessly. 

"Alright. So your order will be Dark Mocha Frappuccino and Freshly Brewed Coffee?" She repeats our order, but with a much colder voice which I rolled my eyes at. Girls. 

"Yes, that will be it." I said, fake smiling at her. 

"Okay, that'll be $17.90, please." I was about to take my wallet out and to pay for my frappuccino, but Blake took his and already paid for the both of us. 

I stared at him and gave him a what-the-fuck-did-you-do look. 

"Just take it as a thank you gift." He said, as he put his wallet back into his pocket, his eyes never leaving mine.

"For what? Why are you thanking me in the first place?" I asked.

"For becoming my date, of course, why would we be here in the first place then?" He mocks and imitated me at how I spoke. Well, the thing is I have not made my decision to become his date, I need to know the whole story first of why he chose me instead. 

We sat at our table, that has a nice view on the second floor. You can see the greenery and some flowers, and as people ran around with their kites or golden retrievers having a lot of fun. 

"So should we start talking?" Blake snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yea, go ahead and tell me why me?" I patiently sat and waited for his answer.

He took a deep breathe and finally starts talking. 

"You know how I'm being recognized as the school's bad boy right? And how everyone seemed to be intimidated by me and won't even talked to me, even if they tried to, as if I'm scaring all of them with just an eye contact?" He asked me with a mixed emotion in his eyes that I can't read it. I nodded. 

"So you see.. You're the first person who actually not afraid to talk to me. I mean other girls are just trying to chase me and all for my good looks and try to get in my pants, not to be cocky..." He defended himself when I cocked an eye brow. 

He continued, "But you're the first girl that I've encountered that doesn't look at me with those frightened eyes and those flirty eyes like other girls. So that's when I think you're different than others, different like T5M  and the reason why I picked you as my date, also a friend. And about the dinner, I didn't want to ask you out in school, because I know, not to sound cocky again but, girls would beg me to take them as my date." He explained the story, looking at me with those mesmerizing eyes that is begging me to say something because I have been silent for the past 5 minutes. 

I didn't actually knew that Blake have this kind of side from him, especially since he's the bad boy and all, I thought he could actually have bad grades, cocky and pretty much not notice anything, but I was absolutely wrong. 

Stereotypical much, Jade? 

After while, i finally broke the silence. 

"B-but, why me, Blake? I'm pretty sure that there are others that are much more beautiful than me and would not only talk to you just because of your extreme handsomeness. But why me? Why me, as a fat girl? loner? and a nerd? You could've picked someone else and not me, who just ruins your reputation." I said to him with all seriousness with my head down.