|| C h a p t e r 2 ||

"It doesn't matter! You're a Resilient Warrior in the Royaume Kingdom! You could have told her confidential information!"
"And she's seen too much. Our leader will decide what to do with you both," the other backed up, not that I could tell the difference between either solider.
'Resilient Warrior? Good heavens, they're from another Kingdom! How is this possible!'
"But he's hurt! How can he walk!" I protested.
"Lets cut the crap! Either you walk or you die! Choose now!"

  "I swear, if she doesn't shut up," camo-boy muttered under his breath tiredly. "I'll kill her myself."
  "What is 'the crap'? And how do you cut it?" I tattled, my idle chat drowning out the newbie's muttered threat.
  "Ugh..."

"What is a boyfriend? Is it a special friendship with little boys?" I asked, the difference of the time zones not seeming to phase me much, much to my faint astonishment. 
  "You should have left me to die," newbie complained quietly as I continued my questions. 

  "Finally! We've stopped," newbie murmured more to himself then me although I did hear him anyway. "One more step and I think I would have collapsed." I snuck a worried look towards him. Even though his dialogue and sentence structure was definitely questionable, I still managed to collect the main idea he was trying to say. 'I am going to collapse out of exhaustion'. 
  "Are you poor?" I murmured, holding his arm gently to steady him while he began to bring his breathing back into a rhythmic pattern. "Where did you get your unfortunate clothing?"
  "WILL YOU SHUT UP!" He snarled, waving his finger condescendingly at me. My eyes narrowed in bitterness. 
  "That doesn't even make any sense!" I retorted, holding my ground fiercely, tired of walking for so long and now being bullied around by yet another male. "You can't 'shut up'! You 'shut down'!"
  "Shut up! Shut down! Shut sideways! I don't care as long as you shut your mouth!" That was the breaking point of my patience. At that moment, I was blinded by a five-course serving of rage that tasted bitter, yet surprisingly satisfying.
  "You ungrateful, unmitigated imbecile! If it wasn't for me, you probably wouldn't be alive right now!" I thundered, temper rising drastically by lack of sleep.
  "We're probably going to die within the Argent Kingdom anyway!" he retaliated, sounding fully exasperated. I gasped, drawing back. I had no idea that we were going to Argents! To die! The kidnappers are looking the other way, what should I do! I could run, but I wouldn't have the faintest clue on where to go and according to the journals and geography books I've read on Argent History, the walls surrounding their castles and villages are marked and protected by various spells that originated from the sorcerers decades ago. The spells are still in place as far as I know and would either burn me, imprison me or technically anything that could kill me on sight. I may as well simply stay with the imbecile. There's no way I can run in this absurd dress.
  "Both of you shut up!" I glowered at the imbecile before becoming quiet, while imbecile rolled his eyes dully. 
  "If you want to get through the portal in one piece, then just shut up!" The taller one sighed, running a pale hand through his silvered hair. 
  "Emmenez-moi aux dirigeants de notre royaume," they said in sync, their left hands raised, backs turned to us. I felt my body begin to evaporate before I was blinded by a brazen vivid light.

  'Oh my, do they actually use magic!'

"Woah..." Imbecile murmured, looking around in amazement. 
  "Is this an actual Acier Woman?" a masculine voice broke the silence, an accent on the a few of the words that fascinated me.
  "Why does it matter what she is?" Imbecile replied hotly, trace of something else hidden within his tone as he stepped closer to me, arms folded against his chest.
  "Shut up Resilient!" one of the guards snapped, stepping closer to my capture buddy. I rubbed my arm awkwardly. Why was I always the one who gets the unwanted attention?
  "Yes sir, an actual Acier Woman," the shorter guard replied, his words monotonously.
  "What should we do with them?" I watched as the new man with jet black hair in a messy form looked at us - mainly me, why me I ask - with interest sparking within his electric green eyes. 
  "Put them in the jail cell. Let the Argent Leaders handle them," he replied calmly, leaning against the wooden pillar, silver bullets imprinted within the spirals, vines hanging from the ceiling making the place look like an abandoned area, almost like the Outlands, the border of the Argent Kingdom and the Acier Kingdom. 
  "Should we supply food and water?" I cast my face into one of indifference. I didn't particularly care but I did know that usually, the inhabitants of the other kingdoms would usually provide water to keep the prisoners hydrated and available for questioning whereas food would be a reward. I heard a scoff behind me and the fleeting feeling of hot air on my shoulder.
  "Water but no food," the Argent boy said, arrogance and superiority within his emerald gaze as he looked at me and my friend.  "We need them alive, but weak." 
  "I've ravenous," I sighed, trying to get food so we could power up even though I knew that the chances were slim that he'd provide us with food. "Not even a small dish?" I looked down and I could feel the Argent staring at me like I'm some sort of mystical creature.
  "A slice of bread," he smiles at me gently and I frown, wondering why he'd do that if he's imprisoning us. I turned away as did he, walking away from the guards and us.