Flowered

Chapter Six

A few months later Elena could try and forget her betrothal to Robb Stark, but it never lasted long, the Starks had returned to Winterfell, but her mother mentioned it everyday discussing ideas she had about the exact detail of the wedding, Elena just listened politely and agreed.

Robb was out riding with Jon in Winterfell, Ghost and Greywind following them. They were talking about his betrothal. "She hates me, I could tell" Robb said "she doesn't hate you, she doesn't know you and she has to marry you, she will learn to love you" Jon tried to assure his brother. Robb looked at him doubtfully.

Elena woke up sweating, her heart was racing and her head was pounding, after she had calmed down, she took off the covers and looked under her slip all she could see was crimson red, on the inside of her thighs and on the sheets, she knew what had happened and was terrified. She started crying for Sophie and Lucy but none of them came, her mother walked in and saw the blood, she smiled, softly at Elena and approached her
"You are a woman now do you know what that means?" Elena said nothing "you can marry Robb" Elena was now shaking she climbed out of bed, her maids rushed in and started running a bath to clean her. "I will tell father to send a raven to lord Stark telling him of the news, I expect the Starks will come to Stonegate again for the wedding." Her mother announced as she left the room.

Her mother was right a few weeks later the Starks were on their way to Stonegate just as the had a few months ago. Elena had stopped flowering and now that she was a woman she was fit to bear Robb Starks children, she was reminded everyday by her mother. Her brother had stopped beating her for now, but he still used viscous words against her, that still frightened Elena. One good thing about marrying Robb Stark was that she could leave her horrid brother.

When they arrived Elena had not gone to meet the Starks, instead she stayed in the gardens with Katherine. Robb searched for Elena but couldn't find her anywhere. Sansa had found Katherine and Elena they were talking about the wedding, Sansa seemed the most excited and Elena the least. Robb finally found them and smiled at Elena she looked different to him than last time he saw her. Robb looked different as well to Elena he looked older and more of a man than a boy. Elena stood up and greeted Robb kindly they then walked through the gardens together.

"You look very beautiful Elena" he smiled at Elena as he said it "your kind words flatter me my Lord" "I told you call me Robb, seeing as though we will be... Husband and wife" he seemed uncomfortable with saying this "when is the wedding?" Elena asked trying to seem interested "my father tells me two weeks tomorrow" Elena looked shocked at how fast it was arranged. The two strangers, who were soon to be married made conversation shyly at one another.