Wattpad Original
Mayroong 5 pang mga libreng parte

SEASON 01. THE ICE CREAM SUITOR

POLICE DEPARTMENT. PRECINCT LOCATION: LITTLE HODGE.

(LIVE!) AUDIO RECORDING.

BOOTH 02.

OFFICER: So tell me. How do you know him?

"He came by the ice cream shop everyday for... three months at least. He ordered lemon sorbet— cone, one scoop, and sat on the middle stool on the left side of the— of the 'bay view area' my co-worker called it. The stools at the front of the windows. He sat there for an hour then would leave. He always left the cone's paper and tissue on the counter to be cleaned He folded it into a tiny square, the tissue inside it. He never talked unless he was ordering. He smiled though. Polite."

OFFICER: What a detailed response.

"I... like details. And it became a sort of routine. He did it every day at three o'clock sharp, so I knew what to expect. It's all a matter of counting afterwards."

OFFICER: You say he did it like a routine. For three months? How so?

"Truthfully... I don't know. He always paid the exact amount and he always ordered lemon sorbet. He would arrive at three o'clock on the dot, and he would sit there. I think he just watched the pier. The people. Looking at your face it looks like your noting my observations, but don't mistake it. I still stand by what I said from when you arrested me."

[pen clicks, silence] OFFICER: Do you really, honestly believe that? Do you really know who you're protecting? He may have told you this, but he's quite famous in the police force. And people have always had their suspicion.

"And in the end, it's still suspicion."

OFFICER: How you can possibly, already trust him is astounding to me. You've barely known him for less than twenty four hours— the three months doesn't count considering he never even talked to you. How can you put your bets on a person that easily?

Silence.

OFFICER: ... Alright. Then answer this. Tell me the story. What happened. When did it all start.

"When he broke the routine of course."

OFFICER: What did he do?

"He spoke to me."