Chapter 29 - Hurt

Kygo ft. Justin Jesso, - Stargazing]

Thea

This morning I woke up with Joseph sleeping soundly beside me, and I can hear him snoring slowly. I smile, remembering that last night he calmed me down until I fell asleep. He's such a kind and caring person. I looked at his face for a few seconds until he opened his eyes. "Hey dear." He said it in a husky voice. Sexy.

"Good morning." I greet him and peck at his lips. "I'll take a bath first." I said, but he stopped me, and in a blink of an eye, he was now on top of me. "What are you doing?"

"Try to look at your beautiful face in a better light." He smiled at me, showing his dimples.

"Not now. I'm going to go and take a shower, or else we're going to be late for work. Also, you have to go home now." I said to him, but he leans in and kisses me passionately. Then I push him until he falls beside me. "Oops, I'm sorry, but I don't want to be late for work because the boss there is so fierce and arrogant. I don't want to get fired."

Oh, let me show you how fierce he is." Before he could get me, I quickly ran into the bathroom and locked it. "Dear, you know, to save more time, why don't we take a shower together? It's not only safe time, but also safe water." He said this while knocking on the door.

"You can't because it's already full with me here." I said back.

"Really? Let me see." I giggle and start to undress before turning on the shower. I heard him knocking on the door, but then I just let it be.

*****

At the office.

Now I'm on my way to the pantry, and then I see Parrish there. "Hey Parrish. What are you doing here? Didn't your level have a pantry too?" I ask him.

"Yeah, but the coffee machine is having a problem; that's why I'm here." He said this while making his coffee.

Well, do you want to go for lunch together today?" I make my coffee too.

"Lunch with me? Your boyfriend let you?" He asked me. Well, since me and Joseph have been in a relationship, almost every day he wants to go to lunch with me. I felt bad for Parrish for eating lunch alone.

"Yup. I think he's fine with it."

"You think, but I think he's not. That's fine, Thea. I can eat with other colleagues at the cafeteria."

No, no, I want to eat with you today because I miss hanging out with you." I take a sip of my coffee. Mm, it's good.

"Fin, who's that?" He pointed outside the door. I look at it and see a woman dressed in a short and tight dress, like she wants to go to a nightclub. She's heading to Joseph's room. I wonder who it is.

"Maybe she's one of the clients?" I told Parrish to make my heart feel better.

"It looks like not. Thea, no matter what, please be strong, alright? Always remember that I'm here with you when you need me. Anytime. I better go now." He hugged me and then brought his coffee out of the pantry. Who is she? Should I go and take a look? Or not? No, no, no, Thea, that's not nice for peeking. I bring my mug out and go to my room to continue my undone work.

I do my work for a few minutes, but then I can't concentrate anymore because I keep thinking about the woman that I and Parrish saw earlier. My mind now just wants to go to his room and see what happens there. He's not cheating on me, is he? Okay, that's enough. I stood up and left my room to go to his room because I'm so curious why that woman came here. I'm not a clingy girlfriend or anything, but this curiosity eats me on the inside. I can't stand it. If I don't make any moves, I can't even focus on my work.