eight

October 10th, 2016

Camila thinks that maybe she's not over Lauren after all.

It's taken her a while to come to that sort of conclusion; mostly, it's a recent development. Ever since their sleepover, Camila finds herself wanting to spend as much time with Lauren as she can. She knows that Lucy is catching on, too; she's ready for the inevitable confrontation, because if Lauren was her girl, and someone who was obviously crushing on her was always around, she'd be pissed off too.

(Though, she doesn't like thinking about having a crush on Lauren. Crush seems too schoolgirly, and while she technically is a schoolgirl, with the history between her and Lauren, she wouldn't call it a crush.)

She finds she's actually looking forward to school, because it gives her an excuse to hang out with Lauren without it seeming like she's trying too hard. Her mom offers to give her a ride, because she needs to run to the grocery store, which happens to be near Sofi's school. While Sofi usually gets the bus and Camila gets a ride from Dinah, Sinu had decided to take both of her daughters to school before heading to work. It gives Camila an excuse to be away from Dinah for a little while, because the almost daily drives to school are hard when Camila is half awake and trying her best to act like she's this Camila.

Instead of dropping her off at school straight away, her mom decides to go to the store first and pick up the stuff she needs for dinner, promising Camila that she'll drop her off after, and then she'll take Sofi, since the younger Cabello starts later.

That's how Camila finds herself wandering around the supermarket at ten to eight in the morning, trying to find the specific toothpaste brand her mom needs.

While Camila absolutely hates having to ask for help in public places, when she can't find the aisle the toothpaste is even on, Camila looks for the nearest employee to ask. When she spots one, she smiles.

"Hey, excuse me," Camila jogs over to the worker, "Do you know where you keep the—Lauren?"

When the girl stacking shelves turns around, and she meets Lauren's vibrant green eyes, Camila steps back a little in surprise. Lauren just smiles at her. "I believe we keep the Lauren right in front of you. Hey, Camz."

"You- you never told me you worked here," Camila stares at her, because honestly, when you're used to seeing someone in a world famous girl group, you really don't expect them to have a job in the supermarket. "But- um, yeah, aren't you late for school?"

"No, I finish in like, ten minutes. Generally, I work one day of the weekend, and I do two hours before school on a few days, because it all adds up to more money, right?" Lauren points out, and Camila has to agree with her. "Anyway, what were you looking for?"

"Oh, it's like, the most mundane thing ever," Camila laughs, "my mom was looking for toothpaste."

"Oh, aisle twenty-seven," Lauren directs her, "if you want to hang around for the next ten minutes, I can drive you up to school. Unless your mom is doing that?"

"Uh... yeah, a ride to school would be nice," Camila nods, "I mean, my mom has Sofi with us, so it'd be easier on her if I go with you. Don't want to make Sofi late."

(Even if she didn't get a ride with Lauren, Sofi would be on time, but Lauren doesn't need to know that.)

"Understandable," Lauren replies, "but yeah, if you want a ride to school from me, you'll have to hang out here for the next ten minutes. Don't worry, we won't be late. I never am. Once I'm done with this aisle I'll run and get changed, and then we can set off."