Chapter 25

I squeal as we hit the first fall, and I am almost catapulted out of the rafts. Vinny wraps his arm around me to bring me back down as we come to a slow spot.

"You ok there Ash?" Vinny says as I cling to him.

"Why did I let you drag me on here?" I hiss, as Vinny and Cole both laugh.

"Prepare yourself Ashton!" Cole yells over the loud water.

I am suddenly being drowned by water as it pulls me off of the boat. I fight as hard as I can to get out of the current, it keeps pulling me and suddenly I see stars as my head connects with something hard. I keep pushing though, and I soon resurface. I look around, as I try to find the bank. I swim towards the bank, pulling my self out of the water. I cough and sputter as I try to get the water out of my lungs. I can't hear anything all I hear is ringing. I turn back to the water slowly, and find Vinny swimming towards me. The others are trying to pull the rafts into the bank. I can see Vinny trying to say something to me but I still don't hear it. My vision starts to get fuzzy, and soon it all goes black.

                      Vinny's POV

I pick Ashton up, as soon as I get on the bank. I try my best not to panic as I continue to try to wake her up. She won't wake up, and her head is bleeding.

"Cole! We gotta take her to the hospital she is bleeding!" I scream as Cole and the others abandon the rafts on the bank and run to me. My dad and Cole's dad try to take her from me so I can calm down but I won't let them. We all walk as fast as possible to the cabin, I can't run because I am afraid she may get hurt worse. Cole runs ahead and gets the car started. I can't talk, I can barely move as I lay her in the back seat of the car and slide in and hold her head to try to stop the bleeding.

"She will be ok.." Cole whispers, as if to himself. I know he likes her too, but right now all I care about is her being ok. She took a bad fall off the rafts, I fell off of the other side but recovered quickly. She did not, and now she is hurt.

Within no time we arrive at the hospital, Cole jumps out and runs inside to get help. I climb out while holding Ashton in my arms, her skin is pale and she is still bleeding. I walk in to the hospital and every one stares at me as I walk up next to a frantic Cole.

"Come on you fucking idiots! She needs help!" Cole yells at the nurses, and they finally realize that she does in fact need immediate care. They rush to take her out of my arms and I start to fight them when Cole pulls me away.

"They are going to help her vincent, it will be ok.." he says trying to calm us both down. I pull away, and my anger starts to boil. I can't control myself as I punch the nearest wall.

This is all my fault..

Cole grabs me and pulls me outside, he tries to hold my arms but it doesn't faze me, I pull out of his grip and sit down on the ground. I have to calm down, I can't be like this anymore. I promised myself when I met Ashton she wouldn't have to see this side of me. I need to calm down before she wakes up.

If she wakes up..

She lost a lot of blood..

It's a head injury, she could be bleeding worse now..

I cover my eyes as I start to lose it again.

"Vincent, do you remember the game we used to play when we were younger? After my mom died?" He whispers beside me, I look up at him not understanding where he is going with this.

"You would sit on the other side of my door, when I wouldn't come out and you would pester me until I would answer back to your 'knock knock'. And when I would what would you say?" He says looking at me with sincerity in his eyes.

"Someone.."

"Someone who?"

"Someone who cares.." I finish, trying to keep from letting the tears flow.

"I care about you Vincent, you are like another little brother to me. Yea I care about Ashton too, and I do have slight feelings for her but I wouldn't do that to you. You don't need to hide all of your emotions, so please don't keep them from her. I know you have competition, but don't let that stop you from being the true you.. the you that will openly admit to falling for someone that you haven't known longer than a month. Vinny, it's ok to be you.." Cole says, and I feel the tears start to spill over. He wraps his arm around my shoulder, and it comforts me. Cole was always the brother I never had, my mother could never have kids, so my parents done surrogacy. I am their DNA, I was just birthed differently. I would have had another sibling about four years ago, but the surrogate my parents used was shot by a rival gang. That rival gang is the ones that want Ashton, and I am determined to take him down. If Ashton is ok, I will keep her safe. I need to keep my anger under control, and I need to open up to her fully. Hopefully she will feel the same.

"Where is she?!" I hear a woman scream, and I turn to find a woman screaming at the nurse. She looks like Ashton, and my heart sinks a little.

"Miss, um, she is being taken care of.. my name is Vincent Black and this is my cousin Cole Jacobs. We were the ones who brought her here, I think she will be ok. It was a rafting accident.." I say gently trying to calm her down.

"It had nothing to do with him?" She says to Cole and he shakes his head.

"Thank God, I thought he had gotten to her.." the woman starts to cry.

"Who?" I ask, confused.

"The one everyone calls Boss.."