Chapter 30: Hardknock life

We had another toy drive this time at a park. I had to quickly put together another event until we could plan this fashion show. I stood there getting tired we've been standing for almost two hours. It felt refreshing to see the less fortunate and the look on the kids faces being able to pick whatever they wanted. I sometimes wish our family could go back to the days when we didn't have anything. Once I turned 8 that's when we became rich. This luxurious life can be a gift and curse sometimes. "Jamal get your ass over here little boy. I'll beat your ass.. that's enough" this older man was literally dragging his son on the grass and hitting him. People were begging him to stop. The shit made me feel uneasy, I quickly looked away.

"What time are the caterers getting here? I asked Josie. She shook her head looking at the little boy getting cursed out, she then looked over at me. "They said they would be in here in 5 minutes," she said.

"Cool," I said.

Josie
I leaned over to Erica "I hate abusive parents" I said. "Girl, I wanna hurt him like don't bring that shit here," she said. I was so happy that Erica was hanging with me the whole day. So far it was good, Kamaya was nice to me and wasn't doing too much. She simply said hi and asked me a few questions about the fashion show and that was perfect for me. Dreux and her were laughing and cutting up the whole time but that's just Dreux he gets along with anybody and makes you feel welcomed. "News reporters are here, come on," he said.
"Huh? I usually don't speak" I said. "Just come on," he said wrapping his hand around my waist. "Hello, good afternoon" we both greeted the news reporter. "Good afternoon Ricky and Joselyn? She asked
"I'm Nancy" she introduced herself. "Yes, we talked on the phone a few weeks ago" Ricky smiled shaking her hand.

"Yes, we did," she said.

"Okay this is Nate, he'll be capturing everything for the event. Josie can I start off asking you a few questions? She asked

"Sure," I said. "Can you give us a sec? He asked her. "Sure" she smiled walking over to a corner. "Don't say anything dumb, you almost got me in trouble the last time" he said. "Look if you're going to tell me what to do all the time then why don't you play your own fiancé," I said walking off. Ricky stood back; I turned around to see him trying to play his anger off. We weren't home right now so he couldn't say anything crazy to me.

"What are the goals of The Santana Foundation? She asked
"Our goals are to make sure that every child doesn't feel left behind. We really stress the importance of being resourceful. We're actually going to have a toy donation warehouse were anyone can donate a toy, this will provide enough toys year round" I smiled
"How does it feel giving back?
It feels refreshing knowing that we touched numerous of hearts. Our kids that are less fortunate don't have to focus on being less fortunate for a few hours. It feels really good" I smiled.
"Thank you" she said. Nate stopped the recording as she shook my hand. "That was so lovely," she said

"Oh, thank you" I smiled returning over. I saw the caterers coming in. I walked in greeting them. "Yes, right over here" I pointed. "Thank you" I smiled.

10 minutes later

Ms. Monica thought it was a good idea to post a few pictures of us. I awkwardly got up not wanting to take these pictures. "Come on give me a nice picture," she said. I moved near him as he wrapped his hand around my waist. I grinned; smiling ear to ear trying to make this believable.

"One more," she said. "Ya'll cute" Erica said. I side eyed her to stop it. He stood behind me wrapping his hand around me. "Flick the ring bitch," Erica said lowly. I tilted my hand smiling. Finally, she was done taking photos. "Send them to me," Ricky said. "Gotta make it real for the gram," he said. Ugh, this was becoming too fake official. How am I going to get my mack on? I tried to with Ronnie but he flaked on me out of nowhere, I guess because he found out I'm playing his cousin's fiancé. "Okay, first lady," Dreux said. "Stoppp I don't like this" I frowned.