Chapter 10: "You don't have to hide, Shortcake."

S O P H I E W I L K I N S

The morning light shines through my eyelids and I groan. What time was it?

I yawn and rub my tired eyes with Andrew's clothes on. Reaching for my phone that Andrew finally gave back, I feel a muscular arm wrapped tightly around my waist and a leg resting on top of mines, trapping my legs under its embrace. I gently turn my head and was a bit stunned when I see Andrew sleeping peacefully on my shoulder, a piece of hair flopping into his face.

I peek at my phone screen, a picture of me and Bree. Saturday, 9:45 A.M., it read. Oh my gosh, my mom is going to kill me!

I carefully pick up Andrew's arm that's draped over me and grimace as I carefully rest it on his side, trying not to wake him up. As I slowly slide out of Andrew's bed, a rough hand grabs my wrist and pulls me into a hard chest. His strong arm rewraps itself around my waist and Andrew snuggles his face into the crook of my neck. I stiffen at his quick movement.

"Don't go, Shortcake," Andrew admits in a low, raspy voice. "Just five more minutes."

"Sorry, Sunshine, it's time to get up," I object. I quickly remove his arm again and stand up, making my way towards my bag. He groans and rolls onto his back. As I look back, my breath hitches.

As Andrew stretches his arms above his head, the blanket rolls down to his waist, revealing his shirtless muscular body. His body glistens in the morning light and I can't help but stare.

"Hey Shortcake, I think you have some drool over here," Andrew teases, interrupting my daze as he points at the corner of his mouth.

"Shut up," I mumble playfully under my breath with a soft smile, briskly swiveling around as I feel my face beginning to turn red. He lightly chuckles and gets out of bed. I grab my things and turn around, my eyes traveling down his body and landing on his blue shorts with monkeys printed on them.

"No way, Andrew Dalton wears shorts with monkeys on them," I laugh, clutching my stomach. Suddenly, an unattractive snort escapes and I immediately cover my mouth, a flush of embarrassment washing over me. I grab the door handle, ready to bolt out of the room, when his rough hand stops me.

"You don't have to hide, Shortcake. I think your laugh is cute," Andrew admits, smiling down at me as he leans down to kiss me on the cheek, which causes butterflies to erupt in my stomach.

A N D R E W   D A L T O N

As I sleep peacefully, I feel a dainty hand lift my arm. I open my eyes halfway and see Shortcake crawling out of bed. I reach out and pull her back into my chest. Her body fit perfectly next to mine while we laid there. "Five more minutes," I groan.

"Sorry Sunshine, it's time to get up," said Shortcake as she removes my arm from her waist.

I roll over and spot Shortcake's eyes glued to me. I tease her about it and she turns around, embarrassed at my comment. As I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and stand up, she turns around again, looking down at my shorts.

"No way, Andrew Dalton wears shorts with monkeys on them," she laughs hysterically. Then, a cute little snort escapes and her face immediately turns pink. She grabs the door handle but I reach over, taking a hold of her wrist.