Chapter 8: The World

Law made an okay recovery, okay as in he hasn't recovered yet but is now up and about doing his duties as a Captain of the Heart Pirates. His shoulder, where you accidentally impaled him, won't recover for a long while, a month at the latest. Even despite how horribly responsible you felt for the problems that you had caused, Law kept pushing that nothing had changed. Law was such a sweet man, that much you could admit if you were told to describe the Surgeon with one word alone. For him to make sure your surgeries were a success and treat your injuries, even break you out of that hell called a laboratory at the near sacrifice of his life. After all those rumors you've heard dwindle around the world claiming that Law was a heartless man who always acted within benefit to his own self, well... It was safe to say those rumors were put to rest. In your eyes at least...

After sauntering about the submarine, Law had finally found you after a long search. To find that you fell asleep with a pale face burried in the fold of your sleeved arm while reading a near flawless book Law had stowed away in the bookshelves of his personal quarters rarely ever tpuched before your appearance. Law hummed with curiosity, placing your handmade folded paper bookmark between the pages the book lied open to. Before closing it up and taking a gander of the front cover.

Anatomy: How We Move

Law cocked a brow. I had no clue (Y/n) had an interest in the medical field, Law ponders on the subject for a minute before opening the book back up to the bookmarked page. His previous thought was put to sleep reading the title of the chapter you were previous reading. An entire chapter dedicated to the muscles that make up your legs. Law took off his leopard print hat, running an inked hand through his black locks.

"I am now clearly aware that you want to walk again..." The Surgeon groaned with a mix of sarcasm and fresh annoyance, staring at you, just trying to imagine himself in your position. The muscles in your legs have deteriorated to those of an infant through those months of endless experimentation where you weren't allowed free movement of any kind. Standing let alone moving your limbs were next to impossible now, even the physical therapy Law has you take part in every day has done little to nothing to help your position.

Law picked up the book once again by both side, snapping it shut, so hard. The impact created an echo within the submarine. Your eyes shot open, but your body didn't. Instead you sighed, stretching yourself out across the table with a yawn. "Sleep well?" Law questioned you, setting your book down. Your eyes enlarged suddenly.

"Oh crap..." You cursed, burying your face within the crook of your arm. "Sorry I took without permission..."

"Um..." Law was at a loss for words. "I don't care about the book. Read as you please."

"Oh..."

There was a small tug at your sleeve. "The sub has breached," you lifted your head with interest. "Thought you'd appreciate some fresh air," Law scanned the room before resting up against a wall and knocking on the acrylic windows. All you saw was blue, white cotton candy shapes drifted across the scene the window allowed visual to. Law realized that he had lost you, orbs of glimmering wonder that remained fixed on just one porthole, he hasn't even gotten you outside yet.

"(Y/n)-ya?" He waved a hand before your mystified face. You faintly heard the call. Even then, it took you a minute to peel those eyes of yours from the sight. "Let's go outside."

"Yes please," your voice was faint, mind fixated on other matters. Law grinned faintly, stepping over to stand at your side before hooking an arm around your waist. You gasped, once again not paying attention, not expecting Law to hug you to his hip for transport. You in turn wrapped your arms tightly around his chest to keep upright.

Law almost lost his patience, but he kept to you. He leads you outside with his support. Being he were now going to dedicate much more of his time to building up the muscle and stability of your lower region. Your eyes burned to the blinding light of the outside world. So bright, you couldn't even crack your eyelids open. Law shook his head with a playful grin, moving his leopard hat from atop his head to your own. "The light shouldn't bother you as much," your Captain informed you, setting you against the railing encircling the outside entrance of the submarine.

"Thank you!" You giggled, struggling to even sit upon the railing. It took a moment for your weak, light deprived eyes to open up and welcome it in once again. "Oh my god..." You gasped pulling Law's hat more atop your head. "I can't remember the last time I saw the sea, the sky, any-anything..." You welled up in tears, using Law's hat to hide the clear droplets from showing to his golden eyes.

Tears. You didn't believe in weakness and tears were the most purest forms of them all.

Law couldn't help but to smile with gratification watching you get all emotional over something he saw everyday of his life. It was like having a child and teaching them the many things life has to give you. And like a child, you can't help but to love it.

"Kessho," the man spoke. You were to caught up in the sight to hear him out.