Chapter Thirteen: Idiot

Blake's POV

A gasp left Hayden's lips as soon as I dropped the rest of the water from my canteen onto his face. A snort left me while my fingers tightened the canteen lid.

"Rise and Shine Princess,"

Hayden groaned and stretched his muscles, cracking his neck and knuckles. The popping sound made me wince a bit. He stood up off of the gross floor, grabbing the small backpack he used as a pillow. It was soon slung over his back.

"Couldn't we have taken the R.V. back? I mean we are just wasting money at this point," Hayden muttered under his breath.

I agreed, but we couldn't let Theo know we left, even if he did know, he could potentially figure out where if we came back the same way we escaped. My hand grasped the old and rustic door handle, twisting it open.

The door slammed in Hayden's face, trust me, it was on purpose. This entire trip so far was of me just avoiding this...idiot! He seemed to grow suspicious.

I went to a payphone, grabbing the phone into one of my hands. The other dug into the bag pocket of my jeans, grabbing a crumpled up piece of paper and a coin. I opened it up and saw the phone number written on it.

"Okay, Blake what's wrong? You've been ignoring me this entire trip." Hayden asks.

Scoffing, I dial the number and enter the quarter, waiting for the person to answer,

"Hello, U.S. Taxi Services, what can I do for ya'?" He sounded so bored.

"Hi, my name is Mitchell-" I look at Hayden and mouth to him, "Give me the last name."

He blurts out a random name.

"Barry."

I roll my eyes at the stupid name but go along with it, after a couple of breaths I start to speak again.

"My name is Mitchell Barry, My friend and I are in the need of your...service. It's a long way from here but we have the money. Any chance one of your drivers is up for the job?"

The sound of a keyboard clicking filled the silence, along with some humming from the other end of the line.

"Ah, yes, I've got one. Can I get an address of your location?"

"Where are we?" I ask Hayden.

He turned his head to the large sign reading the motel name. Yes, we stayed in a motel for the night. I couldn't risk Hayden getting killed in the woods, Luna would murder me.

"We are at a Motel 6 off of I-80"

I repeat it to the person I was speaking to. It was that easy.

"His name is Vicky, he'll be there in about an hour, is that alright?"

"That's perfect."

*****

It's been thirty minutes of us waiting outside in the cold weather, causing Hayden and me to shiver deeply. He finally broke the quiet air, irritating me.

"Blake, why are you so upset?"

"We were finally safe, this is a dumb mistake you know? What if you don't come back? You got a wife and baby waiting for you at home."

He scratched his head, taking off his glasses. I saw him wipe the sides of his nose, getting rid of the natural oils and grease.

"You have a girl to get back to also,"

"Yeah, and a child on the way also," I whisper.

Hayden's mouth gapes open with shock and he starts to laugh hysterically. I scoot away from him, watching the empty road. He pats my shoulder, congratulating me.