XXV: A Coronation Fit For a Queen

The party was such a last minute decision, Adelaide was surprised at how many nobles showed up. Word spreads fast, I suppose, she thought. The crown felt foreign on her head, to heavy, to light, too much responsibility, not enough. She wasn't sure how she felt about officially being Queen, and of two kingdoms, at that once she and Dark marry. As Dark and Adelaide made there way through the guests, conversing with them, thanking them for coming, a strikingly beautiful woman with dark skin and crystal clear green eyes who wore a dress like water approached them.

"Queen Soneera," Dark greeted the woman with a handshake and Adelaide did the same. Soneera D'Alia is the Queen of Kidora. "A pleasure to have you here."

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised upon receiving your invitation. Our yearly meeting isn't for another few months." Soneera's voice light and airy and had that signature Kidorian accent.

"Yes, well, we have some urgent matters to attend to."

Soneera's pulled together in intrigue. "Oh?"

Adelaide nodded. "After the coronation, though. In Dark's study."

"Alright, you have my attention. We will talk later tonight, then."

"Excellent," said Dark. As the couple went about their duties, Mark and Caitlyn stood by the hors d'oeuvres watching guests mill about.

Caitlyn leaned in. "This really isn't my scene," she muttered.

"Oh, and you think it's mine?" Mark asked.

"You've been around them longer."

"Yeah, in a dungeon."

Caitlyn shrugged. "Still." Out of the corner of her eye Caitlyn could see a man who resembled the description Dark gave of Elijah King, King of Phiral. "Come on," she gestured for Mark to follow her.

Once they finally got to the man, it took Caitlyn and minute to actually say something. The man was intimidating, about six foot four, dressed in heavy body armor, and looked like he'd be able to lift her off the ground with one arm easily. Hesitantly, she tapped his shoulder. "Excuse me, are you King Elijah?"

The man turned around, and his face grew skeptical. "Depends on who's asking."

"Will you be there?"

Caitlyn was taken aback by his question and subtly exchanged a look with Mark. "I will, we're meeting in Dark's study." she answered.

"Then I'll gladly attend. Until then, goodbye." Elijah kisses her hand before he returned to the crowd.

Behind her, Mark snickered. She turned around. "Something funny?"

"Yeah, only that whole conversation. He didn't even get your name and he's already wanting to court you."

Caitlyn rolled her eyes. "We need to find Adelaide and Dark."

"Sure." Then he mumbles. "Mrs. Elijah King."

"Mark, I swear to Xic-"

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Nadia was in full on guard mode. She triple checked every entrance on the ballroom floor, kept a sharp eye on the most suspicious of guests. That is until she catches a glimpse of a blonde haired woman with an owl perched on her shoulder in a dress that much resembled body armor observing her. Nadia walks over the the blonde haired woman. The blonde haired woman was standing next to another woman with deep ebony skin dressed in gold.

Nadia walks over to them. "May I help you?"

"I know that look. It's the look of someone who doesn't trust anyone, the look of someone always anticipating a fight. But my question is, I wonder," she cocked her head. "why would a noblewoman be anticipating a fight?"