present day - 4

She missed him.

She missed the guy he used to be.

Elijah used to be sweet. He used to put effort. He used to make her feel special and loved.

And now, all he does is hurt her. And make her feel like shit. Like she's the one that's not good enough.

But she's trying to make it work. She knows the reason behind his anger was that his dad being laid off which puts a ton of pressure on him to get a full ride scholarship to college. But Jackson's appearance did not make things any easier.

Elijah was now second string quarterback.
He still has grades to keep up. He still needs to out-perform the guy that replaced him. His girlfriend may or may not have feelings for the guy that replaced him.

But all that was gonna change today.

During lunch there was excited chatter going on in the courtyard, making Aaliyah and Carolina wonder what was going on. All eyes were now on her as she walked through the crowds of people, confusing her. "What....is happening? What did I️ do?" She whispers over to her best friend.

Carolina simply shrugs until her eyes catch the huge neon green banner hanging between two poles

Carolina simply shrugs until her eyes catch the huge neon green banner hanging between two poles. "Uh, Liyah," she called out, making her turn around and gasped.

Homecoming? In huge letters on a neon green banner, and standing in front of it was Elijah, with flowers and a bear. "Wanna go to homecoming with me?" He asked her, making everyone excited. Students started whipping out their phones, filming and pushing her to say yes.

Of course she should say yes. He's her boyfriend. She gives him a sweet smile and walks over to him, taking the bear and flowers and pressing a kiss on his lips before pulling him in for a hug. Everyone cheers around them.

Except one person.

Behind Elijah, Jackson stands a few feet away, leaning on one of the poles that supported his large school and watched the whole show in disapproving silence. Aaliyah meets his eyes with a slight frown before getting swept up in Elijah's arms. She turned back around to face everyone else. Carolina encourages them to take photos in front of the homecoming proposal as she plants a fake smile and poses next to him. Once the photos were done being taken, she quickly turns around to look for him again.