Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I woke up in a dungeon with grass in my mouth. It was damp and smelled like shit.

Pardon my french.

 I was 100% sure we were in Black Night territory. Well me at least- again, Josh was nowhere to be seen since he disappeared during the fight and there was no trace of his scent. 

I pushed myself up to stand and winced. My shoulder was throbbing and my muscles were stiff. Although I could tell someone had cleaned it because I smelled like alcohol. My ears picked up noise and I glanced around the dark cell. Someone was standing outside the bars.

"Hey" I croaked. My voice was hoarse but I cleared my throat and called again.

"Where is the Alpha? I need to talk with whoever is in charge." I stuck my head through the bars.

The guard looked at me warily and replied, " One moment."

I scrunched my nose up and waited. 

In the corner of the cell sat a small metal bed, I stalked over and sat down. 

A couple minutes later I heard the dungeon door rattle open again. Euphoric smells filled my nostrils and I almost forgot that I was in a dungeon. The same guard entered, except this time another man followed.

My mate had was around 6' 8 I'd say, with thick muscles, short chocolate colored hair and deep blue eyes. The epitome of gorgeous.

His voice was so deep and sexy and I shivered at the sound of it.

Too bad he turned out to be an asshole.

"Leave" he told the guard. He looked at me. 

"Tell me your name?" he demanded and crossed his arms over his broad chest. 

I looked at him for a second. He looked at me. 

I snorted and narrowed my eyes. Oh hell no. You can't just lock me up then expect me to play nice.

"Why should I tell you?" I replied, "plus, you can't keep me here. It's against the law. I wasn't trespassing on your land so you can't keep me here."

 I tried to sound calm and intimidating but I was worried he could hear the beating of my heart. It was going crazy, and the blood was rushing to my head, I could feel myself wanting to hyperventilate. 

I hadn't actually thought about meeting my mate for years, most found theirs within their own packs but since mine never seemed to show up I just assumed he didn't exist. When I was younger I use to imagine what he looked like and for some reason he always turned out blonde. I don't know why but honestly the one standing just outside my prison cell looked way better than I ever could have imagined. 

He growled quietly in warning and I watched his muscles tense, mesmerized. The thought of running my hands over them crossed my mind and I sighed. 

I almost didn't hear what he said to me.

"As my mate, you are now my property and I will do what I want with you. So tell me your name and why you're traveling without a pack"

 Anger bubbled up inside of me and we had a stare off. It was a bad time in my life to get me riled up. I had nothing, no family, no pack, and I hadn't slept in days. My brain was telling my body to scream at him, my wolf was going crazy over her mate.

Telling him my name wasn't actually a big deal but why was he being such a dick about it. Also I couldn't actually tell him why I was rogue.  Like okay buddy I left my pack because my alpha was whoring me out in order to kill people in their sleep. Yeah, I had the feeling that would not go down well.