Chapter 3

AriusValdus

Arius
Valdus

Valdus exuded an aura of power, prompting the council members and servants around to bow in front of him. His tall stature and brooding expressions multiplied their fear. He sat on the throne in a poised manner and gestured everyone to begin the council discussion. It was held to discuss the issues that concerned his kingdom. The affairs were usually not very grave but still demanded his attention. He had been looking after the entire werewolf kingdom ever since he was 15.

Now, he was 363 or perhaps 364. He had stopped caring a long while ago. There was not a single element in his life that brought him happiness and desire to see the sun the next day. But, for his kingdom's sake, he kept going. The major reason which kept him moving was the thought of his mate, somebody who was made to love him. Nobody in his life had been able to give him something that he craved for, something that could not be bought or forced upon someone - love. Since he did not receive any love, he did not bother to reciprocate it.

But, one thing that he was sure of was that he would cherish his soulmate, with all his heart. People thought that he had a heart which was ice cold. No amount of warmth could melt the ice. Partially, he believed it too. But, he was more than willing to change it for his love, the one who will be the queen of his heart and his kingdom.

Dismissing his train of thoughts, he started listening to the discussion held among the council members.

"My Lord, the Blue Moon Pack and the the Serene White Pack have a dispute over the forest that lies between the two. Both the packs have been wanting to expand for quite some time now. However a casual dispute may even lead to a fierce battle."

"Hmm. I, myself will go and solve the matter."

"But, your majesty, you need not look into such matters. We can have somebody else to do that."

"Did I ask for your opinion? " His wolf, Arius growled at the member who put forward the suggestion. He squeaked a timid sorry to the king.

Valdus knew that his third in command could have handled the situation. But, his instinct told him to do it himself. There was no justification to it. But, he did not need to justify his actions to anyone.

He reached the woods and sorted the matter. The sun was starting to set. His wolf had been feeling restless during the entire ordeal. But everything was under control. So, he could not understand what Arius was hinting at. The restlessness grew to such an extent that Valdus decided to shift into his wolf and put him at peace.

Arius growled loudly when he felt a sweet smell, coming from a distance. He took off in the direction and could see a petite girl running away from him. The thought somehow made him upset. Why? Neither Arius nor his human counterpart knew.

He chased the girl until she finally fell. Looking at her, something clicked in Arius and he knew it was his mate, his only chance at love. Valdus was just as happy as his wolf. She was so small and thin. She needed to be protected and taken care of. It broke his heart to pieces when he saw her trying to move away from. He moved closer to her to show her his affection. He tried licking her face. But, she started screaming. Sensing his mate's distress, he backed away.

"Do you want her to run away from us? Be gentle with her you damned wolf" Valdus shouted at his wolf.

"I am trying. Ok? This is new for me and I did not intend to scare her. I was just showing my love. " Arius whimpered.

Not wanting to scare his mate anymore, Arius walked slowly towards her and and sat down. Laying in front of somebody like he was, was cowardly. He was the one who would make people lie down in front of him, not the other way around. But, he did not mind doing it because for him, the queen of his heart was above his own self. She now held the supreme power, even without her knowledge.

He had been waiting for her to show some reaction. He was lying still. She started moving towards him slowly and started running her soft hands through his fur. This made him so happy. He purred, feeling content. But, after a few minutes, she stopped doing that. He looked up to her in disappointment, only to realize that she had fallen asleep. He licked her face and moved closer to her to provide her warmth. He spent the entire night listening to her soothing heartbeat and caressing her pretty face.

Do hit the vote button if you liked it. It keeps me going :)

 It keeps me going :)