Chapter 7

From Ellie's Perspective

"Babe, should I have pumped before I left?" I sat in the back seat next to LuLu in complete amazement. She was perfect, exactly how I would imagine my Kyla to be if she were here. But soon my amazement turned to utter discomfort when my milk let down.

"Uhm yea babe that probably would have been a good idea," said Wyatt as he navigated us towards the Boot Barn, a popular western store that we frequent. I watched in both pain and pleasure as LuLu looked out the window, she was so beautiful. Her cheeks had such sweet orange and pink undertones and when she smiled her eyes just sparkled with joy. It was not hard to keep her occupied, but eventually, she got a little bit flustered when the happy hour traffic hit. Her little whines were the cutest but it didn't help my milk situation at all.

"What's the matter, my sweet baby girl?" I asked stroking her cheek. She whined and nestled into my hand. I knew without a shadow of a doubt Lauren loved me, and I loved the way she fit the Kyla sized hole in my heart.

"Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma," she whined, desperately trying to free herself from the baby restraints that kept her safe in the seat.

"I know you wanna get out baby, but you gotta stay in your seat. Its too much traffic huh?'

"Why don't you turn on a movie for her back there baby, I think the Snow White disk is still in there," said Wyatt. He is such a great husband and a great father, which made him an even better husband if you know what I mean. He could shoot a thousand loads in me and I wouldn't care; every last one of those babies would be well taken care of. Before I got too deep in thought I turned on Snow White for Lulu and gave her her pacifier. Soon enough she was sucking contently; after all, that was her favorite. I sighed and sat back in discomfort, counting the cars as Wyatt played chauffeur. Finally, we reached our destination and before we even got to a complete stop Lulu was already trying to get out of her seat.

"Aht aht sweet pea," I said moving her hands. She pouted while I unbuckled her from her seat.

"Wan out," she whined. Finally, I pulled her out of her seat and handed her to Wyatt. She bounced on his hip in excitement. "Go go go," she said pointing towards the Boot Barn. I smiled at her excitement, but I had a feeling that this would be a long and stressful day.

Fortunately, the store was nearly empty, so I went straight to the kid's section to pick out my baby's boots. Wyatt followed behind me with Lauren on his hip. Together we looked at every pair of boots that LuLu pointed and said "wan dat" to. She was so curious and I was indecisive.

"So are we gonna get square toe, round toe, or pointed toe? I think we should get her some pointed toes babe, what do you think little LuLu," said Wyatt as he tickled under her chin. I was so captivated by their dynamic. She was a true daddy's girl, Wyatt could do no wrong in her eyes.

"Well, I think we should do pointed toe too, dark brown or light brown? You think she'd like some fringe?" I sat on a bench in front of the boots and sifted through the selection of boots we'd picked. Wyatt set Lauren down to look with us. In a split second, she shot down the aisle in a full-on sprint.

"Lauren!" said Wyatt as he chased after her. She cackled giving her daddy a run for his money, before tripping over a shoe sizer on the ground. "Uh oh, are you okay, princess?" Lauren sat in the middle of the aisle trying to fight back tears as Wyatt scooped her up. She wasn't hurt, just a little shaken up. Gently Wyatt dusted her off before walking back down the aisle to where I was sitting.

"Cmere munchkin," I said reaching for her. Sucking her thumb, she looked at me with tear-filled eyes. "We cant go bolting down the aisle little one," I said rocking her. Gently she cried in my chest as I rubbed her back. "You're okay princess, mommy's here." I began to rock her gently as I pulled out her outfit from the diaper bag. "Uhm I think we should go with the light brown pointed toe no fringe, more versatile." Wyatt nodded in agreement and picked the right size for her. "Do we need anything else from in here," I said getting up still holding Lauren.