chapter 15

'Well of course you must know that there have been many before you and that just the fact that you're his mate makes no difference whatsoever, you mean nothing to him,' Roberto said, chuckling sadistically,  

while Venus sat on the concrete floor silent, as her mate's own father spoke to her filth about his own son and mocked their bond.

She dug her nails into her palms to keep herself from lashing out at him, and because she was too weak due to the silver chains, it would be hard for her to fight.

A few days had gone by and still no signs of Dante, slowly all of everything was making her hope chip away piece by piece.

The constant stretch of days alone in an empty room, being force-fed stale bread and dirty water, her own thoughts and the words coming from her enemy's mouth.

She didn't want to believe them but her sanity was dying with her better judgment.

It felt like the end to her, and especially that she had started coughing out blood and would get beaten by her captor a few times a day to the point she thought she was as good as dead, and her wolf, was gone.

'Venus venus venus, the quicker you wrap your head around the fact that he's not coming, the easier it would be for you sweetheart,' he mocked.

After days of holding in her emotions, a traitorous tear made its way down her face, but she dared not let her cold facade drop.

Finally, after a while, he left.

And in the cold empty room, without her wolf, Venus was as good as a human, the chilly night air and lack of hydration were getting to her, as once again she twisted her head to the side and hurled up blood.

It had been happening for a few days, she blamed her wolf's disappearance, that it had an effect on her body.

'Help me, moon goddess, I can't do this anymore,' Venus whispered, with the little bit of strength left in her she prayed and got knocked into a deep slumber.

A ruckus outside woke her up, shakily she pulled herself up into a sitting position, and wondered what was going on.

Deep voices were resonating around but her senses were dizzy, she didn't know what was going on.

Suddenly the door got thrown open and came a bright light from outside and a tall silhouette stood in the doorway, she put her hands up to shield her eyes from the bright light, maybe Roberto was finally back to end her for good.

Her body shut down, exhausted, Venus slowly started to lose consciousness and she swayed.

'VENUS!' A deep voice shouted, but to her, it came nothing more than a muffle and no identification of who it was as she sagged against the wall.

Her vision darkened, and she then felt two big arms wrap around, then someone tugging on the chains, she felt a burn register at the back of her head on her arms and legs, but it felt distant.

'DANTE GET OVER HERE!' The voice shouted in a frenzy, worry and desperation clear in their voice.

"He put wolfsbane in her system," the voice said.

And the last thought before Venus got swallowed by darkness was, who's Dante?

"Alpha we caught the scent south," the tracker said, nodding at him.

Looking over at his second in command Dante inclined his head and everyone shifted into their wolves, as they nipped and snarled, agitated that their Luna had been taken and put in harm's way, they were out for blood, and blood it was that they were to shed.

Dante growled and the chase started, as 23 wolves followed Dante and zipped past the forest at full speed, adrenaline pumping in and the bloodlust heightening.

After a while, they came across a small secluded building in the middle of nowhere.

'Remember what you must do'  Dante mind linked to the others, who all gave each other sadistic smiles, ready for the thrill to begin.

They surrounded the building and stealthily moved into the building through a window and two doors, not using the front one, they were cautious lest they catch Robertos attention who would harm Venus to save himself.

Slowly they made their way in, then shifted into their human forms and divided themselves into units, and searched the building.

There then came a basement, Konx tilted his head and got the other's attention, crouching down they were ready to attack, 

after getting Dantes's signal Knox threw the door open and barrelled in with the others following suit, to their right stood a man, calmly looking out the window, the only window in the basement that had light coming through it.

'I was waiting for you, took you long enough,' Roberto sassed, as he took out a cigar and put it between his lips.

The wolves snarled at him in disgust and rage, Dante kept a cold look on his face.

His father Roberto Suav Salvatore was going to die today at his hands and this time he was going to stay dead.

'Find Venus'  Dante mind linked to Knox.

"What do you want Roberto?" Dante asked, sounding bored.

While this was the distraction Knox used to get to try and find Venus as he moved away from the rest.

"Ah always so straightforward," Roberto laughed.

"I don't have time for your bullshit," Dante said coldly.

"Oh but you'd be interested in what i have to say about your mate Venus," Roberto said innocently.

Dante growled loudly and the rest snarled in a warning.

Roberto laughed.

"See this is what I'm talking about, and well don't worry she's alive if that's what you're wondering, barely I believe but not for long you see, I put wolfsbane into the food I fed her, it's been quite a few days so uh-" he looked down at the watch on his hand and shrugged.

" well she should be breathing her last any moment now, and well the beatings i gave her, oops," he mocked as he put a hand to his mouth.

Dante roared and shifted mid-air and pounced on Roberto, making him fall to the ground, he snarled viciously and dug his teeth straight into Roberto's shoulder who screamed in agony, and that was just the inauguration of a bloody and messy kill.

"We need to hurry, we don't know how long she can hold on Dante," Knox rushed out, as he watched his Alpha carry in his arms their luna, who was unconscious and as pale as death, with bruises and burn marks on her body.

Dante zipped across the forest and ran as fast as he could using all his strength, his heart pounding in his rib cage from the second he saw the fragile state of his mate.

"Venus please hang on in there, just a little more baby," he whispered, his voice full of fear and worry, as he held her small frame closer to his chest and ran faster.