Chapter 28: She is Gorgeous

- Heather's POV

I take a deep inhale enjoying the salty sea breeze envelope me and whisk my hair around me. I feel free. After finishing my class today, I came home to find out that Cami had to work tonight. She said I should come to the bar and sing which I agreed however I wanted to go for a run first. 

Now after an exhilarating run. I am standing on my balcony looking over the ocean. Watching the waves rush in just to retreat back in. My thoughts feeling relaxed for the first time in months. I begin to look down to the families playing on the beach. Bringing back memories from my childhood of me running around with my brother. My mother and father sitting there watching us with bright smiles while chuckles escaping them. God, I miss them. Then I also think about the more recently memory with Luca building sandcastles with him and swimming with him and Xavier. 

Xavier... I still can't wrap my head around him. He is extremely possessive in some ways however it doesn't feel like how it did Michael. I felt suffocated when Michael was around however I feel safe when it's Xavier. 

Beep Beep Beep

I smile and walk back into my bedroom to my way two way receiver. I pick up and check the screen to see he is at home. 

"I miss you mom."

I smile listening to him. It really did terrify me when he first asked but then I realized how much I loved him. I may not have given birth to him but I feel connected to him and protective of him. 

"I miss you two lil man. Are you being a good boy for daddy?" 

"Yes mom, I already did my homework. Tessa is making dinner right now!" 

"Good buddy, I-" 

Knock knock

I snap my head towards my door to see Cami giving a gentle smile at me which I return. She walks in and stands beside me. 

"Lil man, momma has to go for now. I love you, be a good boy and I will see you tomorrow. Okay?"

"Okay momma, I love you too!" 

I look back up to Cami to see her smiling at me from ear to ear. I roll my eyes but I can't keep the smile off my face either. She gently nudges me. 

"Come on H, let's go!" She grabs my arm tugging me along with her while I just giggle behind her. That's my best friend. 

She goes into the closet and comes back out with a beautiful tight knee length white dress. I shake my head at her but she just continues to nod her head before putting on my lap and pushing me towards my bathroom. 

"You know that this is an overkill right?" I ask looking at myself in the mirror

"You know that this is an overkill right?" I ask looking at myself in the mirror. I remember when I got this dress for one of my dad's banquets. I was so excited to show it off back then. I opened the bathroom door and hear Cami gasp. I look up to her to see her fanning herself. 

"Damn, will you be mine?" She says placing a hand over her heart. I giggle at her antics. "Come on sexy, it's time for you to shine!" 

-Xavier's POV

"What time is this meeting?" I ask looking over my shoulder while buttoning up my shirt. Theo is standing by the window deep in thought. I clear my throat and he turns around towards me. 

"Sorry... What did you say?" 

I roll my eyes and ask him again. It's the evening now and my thoughts for most of the day have drifted to my sweetheart however I need this meeting to go well to finish contracts with a holding company. Luca has been smiling more and I know who I have to thank for that. It's a nice change. 

I leave the room with him following behind me to head towards Luca's room. I am about to knock when I hear voices coming from inside. 

I miss you two lil man. Are you being a good boy for daddy?

I push the door open enough to peak in while Theo looks over my shoulder. I see Luca sitting on his bed holding the stuff wolf tightly and grinning. I smile while Theo just looks confused. 

"Yes mom, I already did my homework. Tessa is making dinner right now!"

Good buddy, I

 She pauses for a minute and Luca looks down towards the stuff animal. I step into the room and he looks up at me and Theo. I sit down on the bed beside him. 

Lil man, momma has to go for now. I love you, be a good boy and I will see you tomorrow. Okay?

"Okay momma, I love you too!" He says cheerfully squeezing the stuff animal. I smile and pull him and the stuff animal into a hug. She once again made him feel happy... She is truly something. 

"Luca, Theo and I have to leave for a lil bit. I want you to be good for Tessa and Leo okay?"

"Okay dad." He gives me a quick hug followed by Theo who stills confused. We hear Tessa yell dinner and Luca takes off. 

"Care to tell me what that was all about?" He says examining the stuff animal. I chuckle at him and shake my head. 

"Miss Drake watching over my son." I look up to see him shaking his head as well. He stands up and begins walking towards the door. I follow behind him as we head out. 

"You know where they requested the meeting?" I shake my head as he grins. "Midnight Sunrise."

*****************************************

"Ah Mr. Sanford, so good to see you again." I shake hands with Mr. Wilks when I notice an unfamiliar man standing beside him. "This is my colleague Mr. Craig Talson." 

He reaches out his hand and shakes hands with me. I take a seat while Theo shakes their hands. We all sit down and order drinks when I notice Cami working tonight. I wonder if my sweetheart is here? I shake my head and refocus on the meeting. The meeting goes by smoothly and we already signed the documents. We are now sitting back enjoying a drink.

"Alright Ladies and Gentleman, once again we have a special guest with us tonight. Our own Sunrise has come back to sing for us!" 

My head abruptly snaps up to him as Theo begins to chuckle. I scan the room but don't see her. Theo gently pats my shoulder before I hear a few wolf whistles and Heather walks up on stage in a skin tight white dress with her hair in curls down to her back. Damn!

"Jesus, she is gorgeous." I look over to see Mr. Talson staring at Heather with lustful eyes. I clench my fist to stop from hitting him. Theo gently grabs my arm and shakes his head. 

"Hello everyone, thank you! I chose a song tonight after having a very... interesting week. I hope you enjoy it." She smiles and her eyes abruptly lock with mine. My breathing stops. She knew I was here. I lock gazes with her and push myself to the edge of my seat. 

"Do you know her Mr. Sanford?" I don't answer Mr. Wilks so Theo does. 

"That he does."