◦ 3 0 ◦

"So on the count of three-"

Before Merlin could finish Clover shoved both him and Eggsy away from the mine and quickly took up Eggsy's place instead.

"I'm sorry," Clover whispered as the three men stared at her, astounded.

"What the hell have you just done?" Harry growled and Clover lowered her head as tears began to build in her eyes.

All she could do was repeat herself, "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry."

"Goose...," Merlin whispered, his voice cracking, "You have your whole life ahead of you-"

"You're my family...I couldn't just watch you do this," She took a shaky breath, "I knew what you were going to do and I couldn't let that happen." Merlin dragged his hands down his face, trying to process what had happened.

"Merlin," Eggsy began desperately, his voice breaking, "Spray it again."

"I can't..." He muttered, "Can's empty...Split second's over."

"Silly little girl," Harry spluttered, his hand nervously raking through his hair, "You just had to be a hero, didn't you?"

Clover smiled up at him sadly, "Wonder who I got that from..."

They both knew the answer to that.

Harry stared at her, his gaze soft and filled with tears. "I'm sorry," Was all he could find it within him to say, there were truly no words for the situation he found himself thrown in to.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," Clover reassured him.

"Clove..." Eggsy stepped forward and reach out to touch her. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. He took a step forward and took her other hand.

"Careful," She breathed and he nodded. They stared at one another for a moment before he dropped his head, his forehead against hers as they just breathed each other in.

"I love you...I love you, so much," He whimpered, shaking his head.

"I know," Clover smirked and he chuckled.

"You've stepped on a landmine and you're making shitty star wars references?"

"Well, I don't want your last memories of me to be all teary now, do I?" He frowned.

"Don't say that."

She was silent for a moment before reaching up to cup his cheeks, "Okay...I'll get out of here, yeah? And we can go back to London and get a nice apartment...and those dogs we were talking about." The agents all knew this was a lie, though it was nice to live in hope, even if it was just for a moment.

Eggsy let out a mixture between a laugh and a sob, "You promise?"

"I promise," Clover nodded with a soft smile.

Eggsy leant down a pressed a gentle kiss to Clover's lips, savouring the feeling of her plush lips against his and he tried his best not to think about the fact that this was the last kiss they'd share.

They paused for a moment, eyes closed, before Clover broke the silence, "You better get going...You've got a world to save."

Acting against every instinct in his body, Eggsy nodded, tears in his eyes as he dragged himself away from her. Merlin moved in, giving her a hug.

"I love you, Goose."

"I love you, too," She gave him a gentle squeeze, before asking with a grin, "Who're you gonna listen to John Denver with now?"