Chapter 7 *Surviving my first makeover*

Chapter 6 * Surviving A makeover*

"Welcome girls, to your first unofficial cheerleading practice. Now, the reason you're all here is that, since we're all cheerleaders, it's time to go down to the shops and get makeovers" Amandas excited tone just made me want to be sick.

"Why do we need makeovers?" a freshmen girl asked, obviously not liking the idea. Don't worry hunny I don't either.

'I'm not saying any of you do, it's just a ritual. Seniors, remember in freshmen year a girl named Cindy was captain?" Amanda asked and all the seniors nodded in agreement.

Cindy was beautiful. People said that she looked like an angel that come down to earth and I have to admit I agreed. She had shiny brown hair that reached her waist and the biggest smile. She was the first person to talk to me when I moved to this school, even though I was a freshman.

"She started that trend and ever since then a little salon downtown gives us all makeovers for free. After that, you'll split into pairs and go out shopping. And finally, we're going to my house to bond" she said, with a giddy smile crossing her face.

Well this isn't going to be fun, not at all..... I groan in frustration, getting a few looks in my way, I plaster a fake smile and dart my eyes to Amanda.

"Now enough talking from me! Lets hear a few words from our vice captain, Chloe" she beamed and all eyes went in my direction... awkward.

"Um I guess this season's going to be fun and I bet we're all going to become great friends" please sound enthusiastic..

I got a few cheers in response and everyone looked pleased, thank god I didnt stuff it up.. Even though I really don't want to do this, I still want to try and make some friends so I'm not some sort of loner during practice.

---

"Okay, now go home, get changed and lets meet at the Starbucks downtown" Amanda clapped her hands and almost everyone scurried out of their seats and out the door to get ready.

"Hey, Chloe, can you wait a moment?" Amanda asked.

I stopped and walked up to her.

"So, I just want to say that you seem like a really good cheerleader and I was wondering if you would like to be my partner for the clothes shopping?" she fiddled with her bag.

"Sure" I gave her a genuine smile. She really didn't seem too bad, I could imagine becoming friends with her.

"Epic! Okay, I'll see you in an hour" she gave me a wave and we walked off in opposite directions.

I got out my phone from my school skirt pocket and dialled Kelly.

"Yo, what's up in da hood bruddah?" she tried doing a ghetto accent and I couldn't contain my laughter.

She sounded like a constipated walrus.

"Hey Kells, guess what?"

"What?"

"You know how you made me do cheerleading?" screw truth or dare..

"Yup" she replied, popping the 'p'.

"Well, in a hour I'm going out with all the girls to get makeovers and then go shopping for new clothes" I said in a fake high pitched voice.

"You're what?!" she squealed.

"You heard me"

"Thats great! I hope they dye your hair and you'll get some cute clothes, pull Blake in"

I arrived home and shoved my key in the lock, kicking my shoes off and putting my bag down by the door.

"What does this have to do with Blake?" I ask

Someone taps my shoulder and I literally jump

"What does what have to do with me?" I turn around and Blake is in my house .. again.

"Wait a second Kell" I put my hand over the speaker.

"Why are you here, in my house?" I ask.. seriously, what is he doing in my damn house?

"I know you're glad to see me, Rebel, and I'm here because your dad and my dad need to talk business" he replied, going into the direction of my room.

Jerk!

"Sorry Kell, Blake's in my house" I say in an extremely happy fake voice.

"Omg really? You two would be cute together" she cooes.

"No we wont, now I have to get changed because I'm meeting the girls in 40 minutes" we said our goodbyes then I slipped my phone back into pocket and headed down to my room.

I bumped into Mum on they way, she didn't look happy, to say the least... did I do something?

"Chloe. Don't tell me you had detention again" she growled.

"Chill, I was at a cheerleading meeting and I'm going out with the squad in 40 minutes for makeovers"

"Oh! That's great honey, there will be 200 dollars left on the kitchen bench" she gave me a smile before walking off.

Whoa did she just smile and give me money?.. she's probably on drugs or something..

I walk into my room and see Blake looking through my drawers. Again.

"Oi, I don't have anymore G-strings so get the hell out of my drawers and my room" I said icily, motioning for him to get the hell out.

He just looked at me and then plopped himself onto my bed, giving me a smirk.

"Please leave I need to get changed because I have to go out for makeovers with the rest of the squad" I said sweetly.

"Makeovers?!"

"Yup, so leave" I shooed him away with my hands again.

"Nah you can change in the bathroom. I'll stay on your bed," he said, winking.

I just shook my head and went over to my closet. What would a cheerleader wear?

I picked out a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a shirt with a rainbow on it that ended just above my bellybutton. Yep this looks cheerleaderish.

I let my hair down and added some makeup to my tanned face. I put on a small layer of powder, mascara and eyeliner. Bam. Done.

The only thing I love about myself is my eyes because I've never seen someone with the same violet colour as me. Wow..that sounded superficial.

I walk out the bathroom and Blake's still laying on my bed, ugh.

"Blakey, I have to leave so please get out of my room" I try to say nicley .. try.

"Nope, your mum said to come up here and make myself comfortable"

I grind my teeth together and decide that arguing will get me nowhere so I give up and slip on some converse and collect the money my mum has left on the kitchen bench.

$350 dollars! Three hundred and fifty dollars! Yes, this woman's on meth.

"BYE MUM, DAD" I shout, walking out the door, then realise I don't have a car..

Shit.

I walk back inside and slowly walk over to the couch where my mum, dad and Mr. Ryder are sitting.

"Hello Mr. Ryder" I greet, polite child that I am..

"Pish posh, call me Rodger" he gave me a friendly smile.

"So Mum, can I borrow your car?" I choke out nervously.

I study her expression, it doesn't change and the soft smile still stays on her face..

"Sure" then she throws me the keys to her black Porsche.

I walk away, this is confusing. Last time I asked her, she gave me a lecture on how this car was too good for me to drive and that she didn't want me to scratch her baby.

I took a seat in my mum's most prized possession and started the car. I pulled put of the driveway and turned the radio up. Full blast. Oh yeah.

Rihanna's 'We Found Love' came on and I couldn't help but belt the lyrics out while I was driving.

Yellow diamonds in the light
Now we're standing side by side
As your shadow crosses mine
What it takes to come alive

We found love in a hopeless place

After 30 minutes of getting stuck in rush hour traffic, I finally got to the small Starbucks up town. The strong California sun was shining down, heating your skin but the cold wind made it impossible to feel warm.

"Hey Chloe! You're all here now so i shall tell all you amazing girls the plans" Amanda and all the squad were sitting on one of those lounges.

"Hey" I greet everyone, giving them a wave.

"Okay, so since we have our pairs we'll go into the hairdresser around the corner and get our hair, nails and feet done. Then we'll go down to the mall and in pairs we shall go get new wardrobes" most of the girls were excited and some were a little too giddy.

"Wait, the sleepover is going to be moved to the weekend since my parents are having a small party, now lets go" she cried and walked out of Starbucks pulling me along with her.

"Are you excited?" she asked

"Kinda. I'm not good with picking out what's good for me or not" I admit.
I'm not exactly designer material..

"Don't worry, the stylists will do it, are you ok with colouring your hair?" she asked looking somewhat excited.

"Sure, whatever" I shrug my shoulders, I don't think my parents would notice..

"YES" she screamed, doing a little happy dance in the middle of the footpath... and I thought I was weird.

I think I like Amanda. She seems .. nice,

We enter the salon and I'm gobsmacked, on the outside it looks little and petite but on the inside there are about 20 rows of stylist chairs and different sections for hair washing, dying, cutting, nails etc. It looked so professional.

The colour scheme was also amazing: different tones of lilac and then deep and light shades of green.

"Welcome girls, to paradise" a man that about 40 came up to us with a big ol' grin. His greyish hair was styled back and combed to perfection. His smile was a little bit too bright for my liking but he looked friendly

"Sit on a chair and then you'll be assigned a stylist and then you will go from fab to FAB" he finished in an extremely fake British accent.

I took a seat in one of the white salon chairs and rested my head on the armrest. Amanda was beside me flipping through an issue of Vogue.

"Hello. I'm Maria and I'll be your stylist for today" a plump woman stood infront of me. She had red hair and golden eyes. 

"I'm Chloe" I replied nervously.

"So, do you have any idea of what you want?"

I shook my head, yeah right.

"Excellent. Well then, I'll surprise you! I presume you're alowwed to have your hair coloured?" she asked, rubbing her hands together.

"Do whatever you want" I replied, picking up a magazine from the little wooden table beside me.