38

Before the sound genins could attack, Sakura somehow mustered enough courage to jump out alone.

"Get lost! We don't even have a scroll!" She shouted at them, legs shaking.

"Ah, that's too bad." The girl said with fake sympathy. "Guess we'll just have to kill you." She would have charged but the man with bandages, Dosu, placed a hand on her shoulder, stopping her.

"No killing. You know what we have to do." He said in a low voice.
The kunoichi rolled her eyes and jumped out at Sakura.

Sakura tried to block the punch but was unable to do so. Then the other dude came at her and blasted soundwaves from his palms.

Soon Sakura was on the ground held by the kunoichi by her hair.

"Wah, such nice hair." She cooed, "Maybe if you had paid more attention in training than this, you might've defeated us."

Sakura cried and struggled but it hurt. She stayed still and listened at the girl rant at her.

Meanwhile the other man, walked towards the tree.

"Stop, don't. They're hurt..." Sakura pleaded.

The kunoichi pulled at her hair and shushed her. "Hurt already? Come on let us have some fun. You were such a disappointment..."

Tears now flowed down Sakura's eyes.

Who was she to shout at Naruto? What had she even accomplished in Team 7?
Atleast Naruto was able to do some damage. No...not some. Naruto was able to do a lot of damage. He was way better than she gave him credit for. How must it feel? To be constantly taunted by someone weaker?

That's what she was.

Weaker.

Than everyone else.

She cried harder now, sobbing like a child.

"Are you scared? Really? That much?" The kunoichi laughed.

"They're passed out, let's just take him and go." The man who was not-Dosu said.

"Take him Zaku."Dosu ordered.

She had to do something, help them, save them!

In a quick motion She reached for her kunai and cut her hair, freeing herself from the kunoichi's grasp.

"No. " She whispered and punched the girl in the jaw. Sakura staggered back and jumped between Zaku and her teammates.

"Stay back." She growled, and Zaku laughed.

"Come at me girl." And Sakura charged.
She blindly charged and swung her kunai at the man and he dodged it.
After a few minutes of her futile swinging of blades, Zaku caught and held her hand in a tight grip.

"You're boring."  He spat at her.

Sakura tightly shut her eyes waiting for the Zaku to do whatever he was going to.

But it never came. Instead she felt his grip go limp.
She opened her eyes only to see a figure clad in green.

"Rock...Lee?" She whispered.

"SAKURA! DON'T WORRY A BIT! I WILL PROTECT YOU!" he shouted and charged.

He was soon joined by Shikamaru and his team.
They grumbled as to why they should help Team 7 but did it anyways.

Sakura could only just sit and thank them all for their help.
__________________
They were all beat. Team Dosu was way stronger than genin level.

Ino was hurt and and Shikamaru was tired. Rock Lee hadn't been able to avoid Dosu's sound attack and was lying down apologizing over and over again to Sakura.
Choji too wasn't able to get up and was pinned down by the girl.

"I'm sorry Sakura, we tried but I can't risk my team over here." Shikamaru said apologetically and with his remaining strength used his Shadow Jitsu to take his team away.

"Stop!...you... can't just...leave a friend" Rock Lee stuttered and then fell unconscious.

Sakura tried to get up but just couldn't.

Zaku walked towards the tree, kicking Sakura on his way.

"Don't touch her." A new voice rang out.
They all looked up to see Sasuke. And he was angry. He seemed to be covered in a deadly aura and there were marking on his body.

"Oh? So the great Uchiha is finally awake? Did you have a nice time napping? Huh? HUH?!" Zaku shouted like a madman.

He ran out towards Sasuke who didn't flinch. He caught Zaku's punch and twisted his arm behind his back. Zaku tried to hit him with a sound jutsu using his other hand but was thrown to the ground.

Sasuke took hold of both his arms and without even glancing towards his teammates, told them to leave.

"We have our orders, " Dosu said stepping forward.

"Oh?" Sasuke said. Then he laughed. A dark raging aura surrounded him. It was scary, and even the sound ninjas stepped back.

"What? What's - " Zaku was scared, and tried to move.

"So you needed three people to capture just one kid?" Sasuke laughed.

"LET ME GO!" Zaku shouted, struggling against the ground.

"Sasuke glared down at him.
"Your justu is all about using you r hands isn't it?"
He put his foot on his back and grinned.
"What if I broke them?"

With a sickening crack he pulled both his arms behind and pushed down his foot, breaking Zaku's arms.

His teammates looked on with horror at the scene before them.

Sasuke's deadly aura only seemed to increase.

"Hah? Already running are you?" He ran at them but was stopped by Sakura who clung onto him.

"Please don't Sasuke." She friend into his back holding him tightly. The Sasuke she had just seen, it wasn't what she wanted him to become. Selfish it may seem but she couldn't let him become evil.

"Please don't Sasuke that's not you!"

Team Dosu saw their chance and after picking up an unconscious Zaku they ran away.

Sasuke slowly calmed down. The markings disappeared and he fell down to his knees.

Sakura let go of his shirt and cried into her palms.

Just then a searing pain shot through Sasuke's body and he hunched forward, clutching his neck, where he was previously bitten.

"Sasuke!" Sakura cried out, and was pushed aside.

Slowly Sasuke's pain stopped and he stood up. He was definitely weaker but he couldn't just give up.

He had to fight. He had to get stronger
He had to defeat Itachi.

________________________________________________________
A/N:

Hey!
Sorry for late update,
Got many excuses but... they're unnecessary.

Sorry.

Share, vote, comment and follow.

Yours Truly,
23