IV.

Scotch's POV

Later that night

After the fights in the boxing ring were over, most of the people went home or somewhere else. It was already pretty late into the night, something about three or four in the morning.
Annie and her boyfriend Jimmybob were nowhere to be seen. Sally, Fi, Madman, Willy and another guy called Braker and his wife Tanja were inside sitting around a table playing cards and chatting.
I just sat outside on the ground nearby the boxing ring, trying to sober up a little, actually trying not to move that much, so that my alcohol infused brain would stop spinning.
"Hey lovie, what ya doin here all alone?"
"Trying not to throw up on my new boots..." I whispered. "I am hammered." Iarann joined me on the concrete, slightly chuckling. "Can I do something for ya, to ease the hangover or something?" "Dunno..." So I just closed my eyes and concentrated on breathing.
Iarann slipped closer and laid his arm around me. "Come 'ere. Rest ya pretty head on ma shoulder. Maybe that'll help ya." I just followed his instructions, to tired and way to drunk to function properly. His leather kutte underneath my skin and his smell lulled me. His odour a mixture of a little cologne with smoke, booze and something I couldn't quite get. Iaranns hand stroking soft patterns on my back, I felt like I was safe and secure at his side. His other hand resting on my own hand in my lap. The warmth radiating off of him gave me the last and I dozed off.

Iarann's POV

Staring off into the night, with that pretty girl in my arm, I couldn't help but smile. Drawing some miscellaneous patterns onto her back, I tried to comfort her at least in some kind of way. I rested my head on hers, making myself comfortable.
After a while Scotch's head grew a little heavy on my shoulder. I glanced at her. The poor thing fell asleep.
Pulling her closer to me, I wrapped my arms completely around her, holding her tight. Her smell was breathtaking, something in between wild Rose's, coconut and her own body odour. That girl smelled like heaven and hell, all in one.
"Hey Iarann! Where ya at brother?", Breaker yelled from the entrance. Just answering calmly "Over here boy."
Hearing his feet shoveling into our direction, Breaker came over to us. My co-member was a handsome fella, his blonde hair almost shoulder length, his statue trained and muscular, married with a beautiful wife and two beautiful kids.
"Oh here ya... oh shit, sorry." He crouched down to us. "So...." Tightening my arms around Scotch a little more, I looked at him askingly. "The girls were looking for her. I guess she's not in the state to go at all, right?" He whispered. "She's pretty drunk to say at least. As ya can tell she's asleep." Breaker nodded. "Wanna bring her in? It's pretty cold and she's not wearing much..." How considerate of Breaker, a guy who usually only does stuff for his own good. "Aye. Hold her till I get up." Said and done, he secured her from falling on the concrete until I got up. "Lemme carry her in." Cradling her in my arms Breaker grinned at me. "What ya grinning at?" I mumbled. "What's with you an this girl? Man, she's 16 years younger than you. Not that it's bad or something. I am just curious." "Aye, ya and everyone else from the Souleaters. Dunno what this is or if it something at all. I just... kinda care for her? Dunno." Breaker nodded and patted my back. "Enough time to find out. Let's get her into the warmth though."

The moment I stepped into the clubhouse, with Scotch resting in my arms and Breaker on my heels, everyone's eyes were on me.
One of her friends came over, worried. "What happened, is she alright?" I nodded. "Yeah she fell asleep, Iarann was with her. She's to drunk." Braker jumped in. "Fuck how shall I manage to get her home now?", the girl asked panicking. "Don't worry lass. She can stay here. I can drive her home in tha morn." "You would do that?" I just nodded. The girl smiled at me. "Thank you. But she has to be home at least at 5 p.m. - her mother brings back her kid at around 6."
Wait. What? "Kid?" "Oh she didn't tell you? She's a mommy. Her little girl is 5 years old. Don't worry, Josy is a cute kid. Oh and the bastard of her Ex is not in the picture anymore. He's dead. At least to all of us." Breaker and I shared a glance at each other and I just nodded.
"Ok, noted. I'm gonna lay her down now."

Back in Iarann's room

I laid Scotch gently on my bed, one friend of hers volunteered to change her outfit into a more comfy one - some sweatpants and one of my shirts. So I decided to give them some space and I walzed back into the common area, straight to the bar.
Squirt was cleaning up the glasses. Knocking on the old wood of the bar, I got his attention. "I need a drink, boy. Gimme a Whiskey. Not the cheap one from the party. Gimme a Tullamore dew. Screw it. Gimme tha bottle." Squirt handed me the expensive whiskey bottle together with a clean glass. "Donna need that." I pushed the glass back to him. "Everything alright Iarann? You look troubled....", he asked me. Taking a big sip from the bottle, I swallowed down the liquid fire. "Nah... dunno whata do..."
Then Breaker joined us, leaning next to me on the bar, a beer in one and a joint in his other hand. "So bad brother?" I just shrugged and swallowed another sip. "Aye. Didna know she had a kid and shit." "Is that bad news? She's pretty decent if you ask me." Looking at his face I could tell he was being honest. "Look, Iarann. If you, in some wicked way, really like that girl, man, then get to know her. She's more than just a single Mom, you know." Squirt looked at us bewildered. "That girl is a mother?! Honestly?" Breaker and I nodded in agreement. "Exactly ma thoughts boy." I answered him. "Woah, she's good looking, couldn't tell she is a mom..." Breaker and myself looked dumbfounded at Squirt. "Did you really just say that?" "Yeah I mean... don't mom's always look like... well mom's? Carrying along a big handbag with wet tissues and shit, always baggier clothes to hide their baby fat and so on...." Breaker reached over the bar and grabbed Squirts head, making him move his head to the table, where his wife is chatting along. "You see that awesome human being over there? You see Tanja? She is a mom. And now repeat the words you just said, dumbass!" "Oh......oh.... I-I never looked at her like that..." "Better for you... now go back and clean off the dust or something else useful, because your words ain't useful Squirt!'' Breaker said and pushed him away. I snickered at them both. "I bet he never thought a mother could be hot to...." "Probably never heard the term MILF...." We both erupted in laughter. Soon Scotch's friend rejoined. "Ok she's decent. Like I said make sure she's home by 5p.m. - and thank you a lot." She hugged me. "Uh -yeah... ok..." I said awkwardly. She smiled big at us and grabbed her purse, dragging along her other friend, ready to leave. "I guess Annie is staying, too." Breaker said. "I guess Jimmybob got himself lucky tonight...they're fucking in his room, coulda hear them in the hallway." "Ugh gross... ok brother. I am taking my wife home. See ya tomorrow. " "Aye."
And with that I was left alone at the bar.
Sighing loudly, I got myself up from the barstool, took my whiskey bottle and went back into my room.
After I checked on the sleeping Scotch in my bed, I pushed my clothes from the armchair to the floor and moved it next to the bed. Hanging my kutte over the back of it, I seated myself in there, getting comfy with pulling up my feet on the bed. I ain't gonna sleep with her in my bed, don't want to scare her away.
So I decided to spend the night in my armchair, guarding her sleep.
Finishing of my bottle after a while, my eyelids grew heavy and I drifted of in a dreamless sleep.