15. Maeve

Though I just got here for a day, I feel very exhausted. I didn't expect Astrid would take me here in a serious note with Lexy's help. I didn't know how she managed it but I'm kinda not happy with the decision. Knowing I have to face Alex more often, it kills me inside. It kills me even more that I let Astrid takes control of me.

I let out a long exhale seeing boxes in front of me. I have lots to unpack. I mean, this is new for me because I haven't been moving in that often. Being here in Firelock is just like living in a new world for me and Astrid said I'm gonna be here long enough, under her control.

When I'm taking out my stuffs out of the box I hear a knock on my broken door. Brianna did it. The door wasn't a problem when I got here but she insisted it needed a fix. She tried to fix it but ended up breaking it instead.

I look up to see someone who I thought was Brianna, standing near the door frame. "Lexy?" My eyes widen when she smiles widely, looking at me. "What are you doing here?"

She grins. She pushes the door wide open and examine the door knob. I watch her removing the door knob with tools in her hands, waiting for her to speak. She then replaces the hole with the new door knob sitting on her side.

"Brianna asked me to come over and fix this," she speaks. Her voice is so much softer than the one I heard last night. "She also mentioned you wouldn't sleep with a broken door."

I let out and awkward giggle. Yes I wouldn't.

I just watch her fixing the knob, not minding my own business with the boxes I have near me. I still can't believe seeing my childhood girlfriend has become this beautiful. Knowing her has become so successful too, it makes me proud and I have to admit, it does kinda make me feel small too. Look how much she has grown.

Astrid didn't want me to hangout often with Lexy. She said she was worried that I would fall in love with my ex-girlfriend back. I still remember what she said in the plane about why she needed me here. She said she couldn't leave me alone in LA because she was afraid Lexy would steal me anytime. That's why she wanted me here, to be under her watch. She could watch me, at least. But I still find her reasons are bullshit because she keeps cheating on me.

I only agreed to come here because of Lexy. I wanna see her.

"Enjoy looking at me?" Lexy wakes me up from my thoughts.

"Huh?"

She smiles again, revealing that white, perfect teeth. "You were looking at me the whole time. Do you need help with that too?" Her eyes shift to the boxes near me.

I look to the side. I realized I haven't made any progress yet. I look back at Lexy who is now collecting tools in to her grips and I see the door knob is there, installed. "Oh, you're done?"

Lexy walks inside. She puts the tools on my dresser. She then kneels down, her hands taking my things out from one of the boxes. "You know, these things aren't gonna move themselves." She puts my picture frames on top of my drawer chest. "You haven't even made your bed. Where did you sleep last night?"

I glance at my bed. Yeah. I haven't even put the sheets on. Lexy then grabs the sheets out from the box near me and quickly put them on on my mattress.

"Lexy... you really don't have to do that." I say in guilt, watching her carefully setting up my bed with sheets and pillow cases.

"Like I said, these things aren't gonna move by themselves when you're busy staring at me the whole time," she chuckles. "Come on, move your ass. Help me unpacking."

Like a stupid, I follow what she said. I start to move my ass. I take out the things from the box and arrange them where they should belonged. "I'm just so lazy. That's all."