25

show methe most damaged parts of your souland i will show youhow it still shines like gold

show me
the most damaged
parts of your soul
and i will show you
how it still shines like gold

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

DAISY

I sigh in relief when the tattoo shop enters my line of vision. Finally. I quicken my pace and eventually reach the front doors.

I frown when I see nobody after entering. Not even Jade at the front desk like usual.

"Seth?" I call out.

After receiving no answer, I head to the back where his office is and see that the door is closed. I smile and gently knock before pushing it open. Though my expression falters slightly at what's in front of me.

Jade's barely inches away from Seth with her hands on his chest, while his are grabbing onto her wrists.

Both their eyes snap towards me but they have different reactions. A sly smirk appears on Jade's face, while Seth's eyes widen. He immediately shoves her hands away and steps forward until he's right in front of me. "That wasn't what it looked like, I swear."

I slowly nod, because I believe him, and glance at Jade again.

She looks between the two of us as if she was expecting an argument to break out, and when that doesn't happen, she crosses her arms over her chest. "You're not gonna tell her about the kiss?"

Seth's jaw clenches but he doesn't face her. "You're a fucking psycho. We. Didn't. Kiss." As he says the last part, he slowly turns around. "You're fired."

Jade looks at him in disbelief.

"Get out. Now."

After a few seconds, she scoffs and marches out, bumping into me on the way.

Seth grabs my hips to stop me from stumbling and looks down at me unsurely, his glare now replaced with concern. "You believe me right? I would never kiss her."

"I know, I believe you." My smile returns at the sight of his relief. "Why didn't you text me like you said you would?" I cut to the chase.

"Shit." He curses, closing his eyes with a sigh. "I meant to do that." His grip on my waist tightens and he pulls me against his chest. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again." He kisses the top of my head. "I'm surprised Dustin drove you here. Isn't he still mad?"

My eyes slightly widen. I play with the collar of his shirt. "Y-Yeah, but I convinced him to bring me."

He smiles softly and traces my jawline with his thumb. "How are you feeling after last night?"