CHAPTER 15

Shane's POV:

When she told me about how Kaiden is treating her I couldn't hold my anger.

But a thought crossed my mind when I started thinking about why I am reacting this way when it suddenly hit me Kerry was right.

I am falling for her.

I sat there in silence not knowing what to do after this realisation.

I heard her calling me and nodded as a response letting her know I am listening.

"I...uh...I need to tell you something" I heard her stuttering.

"Yeah?" I asked her now turning to her confused on why she is stuttering.

"Promise me that you won't be mad" she asked looking at me.

"Maya calm down! I won't be mad at you for anything you tell me. So say whatever you have to say" I assured her by holding her hand.

"Shane let me ask you something. Did you ever wonder what my last name was?" she asked me which made me really confused why she is asking me about her surname suddenly?

"Uh..No" I replied a bit hesitant not sure where she is going.

"Maya what's with all this? It doesn't matter if I don't know your surname" I told her because she became silent in deep thoughts.

"Shane, my name is Maya Chase" she replied.

"So what?" I asked her because what's in that?

She is Maya Chase that's it. What's a big deal in it? Suddenly it struck me Chase? I asked her not realising I was shouting "What!?"

"I uh.. I" she started I just stood up and started pacing thinking about what she said.

"You just said Chase. Did I hear it right?" I asked now looking at her just to confirm.

"As in you are.." I stopped to form the sentence properly when she added "daughter of Paul Chase of Chase Group of Industries"

I just stood there not knowing what to say with my mouth wide open. Maya as in the girl I like is a Chase. Her father is one of the leading business men in the New York City or in the whole U.S.

"Shane please sit down" she said in low tone. Listening how her tone changed I realised what I was doing and took a seat beside her.

"Please say something" she asked me again and I turned to her.

Seeing her I realised how much I love her. Yes LOVE.

It's just she didn't say completely who she was that's it. It is not like she is a different person just because of her surname. She is the girl I am in love with.

I want to tell her how much she means to me but I didn't want to push her.

So I asked her the best next thing "Why didn't you ever appear to any events?"

I saw that she was silent and thinking so I immediately added "If you don't want to share it is okay"

"No it isn't like that I was just thinking how to answer that's it" she replied.

"Mostly it's because of my mom, she always wanted me and my sister to have a normal life till we are of age, so she never took me us where it involved media and gatherings when we are younger so she wanted to continue it till we are comfortable with that thought. So we are happy about how things are with no pressure of media so we can go where ever we want to and enjoy a peaceful life" she said.

"That must have been so cool right? I wish my parents did the same thing and I would have never worried about this media following my every move" I told her just thinking about how horrible it can be at times.