Chapter 97 [The Outcome of Using a Deterrent]

"Elder sister... elder sister..., it's all a misunderstanding."

All of Lin Mengwu's rage had evaporated, especially when she saw the bruises on Hongyu's pretty face.

"Now are you aware that you've made a mistake?"

Lin Mengya's voice was loud and clear as if it were the voice of Yama, and it immediately plunged Jiang Ruin and Lin Mengya into shock and fear.

"Your Highness, the Princess, I'm done with the twenty strikes. Would you like me to continue?"

The maid meting out the punishment said with hesitation.

Hongyu had ridden on the fact that she was a gift from King Ming to Prince Yu and acted as if she were the master of the house in everything.

Even Princess Yu did not behave in this way, so the maid had no reservations in using all her strength.

"I think this is enough for today. I don't care whether it was she or the two of you. Whoever stirs up nonsense in the mansion will be dealt with without hesitation, regardless of whether you're one part of our family."

In the past, she was clearly aware of how these two ladies had created much chaos in the mansion.

She had tolerated with that until the opportunity arose today for her to teach them a lesson.

Now was the opportunity time.

Despite Jiang Ruqin and Lin Mengwu being unhappy about what had happened, they did not dare to defy Lin Mengya on the surface.

"From today onwards, I don't want to see the two of you getting into any discord and stirring up any trouble in the mansion."

Lin Mengya, being in command, looked down on Hongyu's pretty face to see that she was looking back at her with a pair of vicious eyes like a viper coiling around her.

Suddenly, Lin Mengya burst out laughing. She had never been bothered about this woman.

"I don't know your purpose of coming to Prince Yu's Mansion. However, if you mean any harm to the prince, I won't be so kind to you."

Lin Mengya seemed to be able to thoroughly see through her and read her mind.

She recoiled as fear overwhelmed her hatred towards Lin Mengya. Could she...?

No, that was impossible!

If Lin Mengya knew the plan, it would be too terrifying!

"That's it, you're all dismissed. There's nothing more to watch here."

She turned to go back to Liuxin Courtyard, followed by her maid, while the three ladies were left to themselves.

"Is she really my sister?"

At this moment, Lin Mengwu was feeling very perturbed.

Even her mother was not as ruthless as Lin Mengya when the maid in her house misbehaved.

This was terrifying! Very terrifying!

The three ladies looked into each other's eyes and they were all having the same thoughts.

This sister of hers was no longer the weak and gullible girl in her memory!

"Third Elder Brother, is it wise to let Third Sister-in-law behave like that?"

In Long Tianhao's study, Long Qinghan was talking to his Third Elder Brother and shaking his head after Steward Deng reported to them what just happened.

"What do you think is inappropriate?"

Long Tianhao was wearing an indifferent expression on his face as usual. He seemed totally unperturbed by the incident.