Chapter 7: A Second Change

Chapter 7: A Second Chance

First thing in the morning the three of us were called into Charles office.

Standing in front of his deck with our faces hung low as he stared at us, the yelling started.

"I thought you would be better than this!" He roared out of nowhere. I flinched from his sudden outburst and looked up to meet his eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Aaron asked, not meeting his eyes.

"I thought you would get along after a while, that you would stop fighting and turn into a good team!" He rambled. I was about to interrupt him, but he continued.

"I can't accept this kind of behavior, even though you are the most promising team, I will have to let you go!" Travis and Aaron stood frozen to the ground.

"Why?" I managed to choke out. Charles' eyes shut up to meet mine disappointment burning in them.

"Look at you two, you and Aaron have gotten into yet another fight, even though I specifically told you that I would not tolerate this anymore!" Aaron bursted out laughing, making Charles turn completely red with rage. It finally dawned on me what was happening. Charles thought that our new bruises were from a real fight we had gotten into with each other again.

"Charles these wounds are from training, we actually found common ground yesterday." I said, trying to calm him down. Travis stood with his mouth open and looked at Aaron who was holding his stomach from laughing so hard.

"She is right, they sat down together and talked about things and they were even laughing with each other when I came back from lunch." Travis defended us.

"Is this true?" Charles asked looking to Aaron for confirmation. Aaron finally straightened his back and put on a more serious demeanor.

"It is true, we have found a mutual understanding" He said looking over at me, giving me a little smile to prove his point.

Charles sat down heavily on his chair, punching the bright of his nose.

"Who told you that we were fighting?" I asked, once the silence became too much.

"I got a complaint about yelling in your room and that you had been seen all beat up." He leaned back in his chair folding his hands on the table.

"I guess that the person who complained was Nicole?" I practically growled out. Charles looked up and gave me a slight node. I was biting my tongue trying not to change his mood back to anger. I knew I shouldn't be that mad at her, she was only acting out because she misses Kaitye.

Kaitye has become an unspoken subject at the school and at this point only a few knew the truth about her, Nicole, Charles and I being three of them.

"Well, I suppose I owe you two an apology, since I just assumed what Nicole said was right without looking into it... So I am sorry" My jaw fell open at his words, I had never heard Charles apologize to anyone before.

"It is fine," Aaron smiled, already walking towards the door.

"Travis you are excused, I would like to talk to Alice alone please" Travis left after giving him a nod.

"I trust your opinion on this situation, do you think that your team is ready for another mission, yet?" He asked after the doors closed behind Travis. I sat down in the chair in front of the desk. My eyes widened as a smile found its way to my lips.

"We are ready"

"Great then team black will be going on a mission as soon as Travis is healed"

I left the room smiling like an idiot, we finally got to go on another mission!