Introductions

A/N: Tbh I'm not the proudest of the opening of this story. I tried to clean it up both now and with retcons (gasp) Anyway, hope you enjoy :)

Once again, October 10th arrived and the decorations for Karah's party were set up. Yet again, friends of the Namikaze family stormed the house, happily chatting with each other. Nobody noticed Naruto's absence as they all celebrated his sister. A few months ago, Naruto had decided to take training into his own hands and while his sister was being celebrated, he was working at a deserted part of the Namikaze compound. Long into the afternoon, Naruto trained himself. Sit-up after sit-up, push-up after push-up. Naruto noticed as the sun began to set and decided to head back to the house. He slowly trudged towards the house, exhausted from the training and noticed a commotion around the front.

"Everyone- everyone!" Minato silenced the crowd and stood up. Naruto watched from afar with a small grin on his face. Minato was Naruto's idol. He had heard all the stories from villagers about the achievements of his father and everytime he looked at the Hokage monument he felt an immense sense of pride: like he could be there one day too.

"I would like to announce," stated Minato, "the new heir to the Namikaze clan: Karah Namikaze." An eruption of cheers were heard and Naruto tiredly smiled for his sister.

"I am so happy to announce the heir of our- the new clan," Minato said happily, "It means so much to me that my child has the best life they can." Naruto watched with awe as Karah was brought in front of the crowd and cheered for. The small smile stayed on his face as he slowly crawled back to his room, only arriving way after the guests had left the party, everyone of course forgetting the birthday of another.

Naruto was looking through the old photos of the family. There was a small brown box containing a stack of old pictures that he had never looked through. He'd already checked all the photos across the house and found none containing himself. He felt selfish but he wanted to find one. He searched through the box until he came across 1 photo. A picture of him on his father's shoulders both wearing the same foxy grin. Naruto smiled at the photo.

"Feeling nostalgic huh," Karah smirked, shocking Naruto out his trance.

"Well I-"

"I wonder when the last time Tou-san picked you up was," Karah continued. A 2 year old Naruko then followed her sister into the room. Naruko had already become a carbon copy of her sister, always following her around.
"Uhh, he picked me up yesterday!" lied Naruto, putting the picture down.

"Don't lie to me I know he didn't."

"Sorry," apologised Naruto, "I... I just wish he'd pick me up again."

"I don't think he ever will!" laughed Karah, "He doesn't love you!" Naruko also began to laugh even though it was obvious she didn't understand what was going on.

"Hey!" Naruto said quietly, "H-he does love me."

"Whatever you want to think," Karah chuckled and left the room. Naruto heard a muffled "Hey Tou-san!" from behind the door. 'I'll prove he loves me!' Naruto thought and went to open the door. He was greeted with the sight of Minato picking Karah up and carrying her on his shoulders, smiling the same foxy grin as in the photo.

"Your training has come a long way, Karah and I am very proud of you," said Minato as he looked down at his student and daughter, "Today I will be teaching you something incredibly difficult; an A-class Jutsu." Karah smirked.

"I'm ready for anything y'know!" she screamed, just like her mother. Naruto peeped from a crack in the door as Minato taught Karah the basics of the Rasengan. After the lesson had finished, Naruto made his way to the outskirts of the Namikaze compound and began to train. He had listened carefully to Minato's instructions and recalled them as he tried over and over to create a Rasengan. Karah had not been able to create one so Naruto doubted that he would be able to achieve it. Days passed of failure but even so, Naruto persisted. The instructions of his father filled his head and suddenly...

A ball of energy appeared in his hand. It took Naruto a second to realise but when he did, he jumped in shock. Naruto stared at his hand and began to experiment. He began controlling the Rasengan as it moved around his palm. He turned it on and off and soon felt like he had complete control of the orb. Naruto grinned as he began to run back to the house. 'Finally' he thought, 'I can show Dad and then maybe he'll be impressed!'. As the positive thoughts emerged in Naruto's head, his smile began to grow even more. Naruto spotted his father and ran over to him. Minato tried to brush past his son but Naruto blocked his path.

"Tou-san! I have something I really-" Naruto began but was cut off by Minato.

"Naruto," he sighed, "You really need to learn to shut up sometimes. Anyway, I need to get back to Karah." Minato coldly left Naruto still with an innocent smile on his face. The innocent smile began to falter as Naruto realised what his father had said to him. Naruto sadly looked at the ground and slowly walked back to his training spot. Naruto tried to get back to training but simply collapsed into a ball and began uncontrollably crying. He didn't understand why. His mother and father had said way worse things to him in the past and he didn't cry then. He must be getting weak.

"Hello," said an unknown voice. Naruto looked up with tear-stained eyes.