20. Unknown truths...

Clan-less, Nobody... It hurts.

.

.

.

He felt cheated. After several years of working with them, Naruto came to appreciate social diversity. He came to love the stories related to their clans. Stories behind the strong bonding of Ino-Shika-Cho, Nara clan forest, Akimichi's adventures for unique spices and ingredients, Inuzuka's ferocious love for their 'pups', Aburame's dangerous ventures for wild species of bugs, most of them were unsuccessful, a history that shaped their characters from very early years. Kiba's fierce protectiveness over his 'pack'. Ino's unparalleled self-confidence, Shika's calmness in life-threatening condition. Shino's nonchalant attitude. Choji's kindness. He was truly grateful to have each of them, but he often questioned himself, what he would be like if one of his parents were there for him? What would they teach him? 

Sometimes he would felt ashamed to think like that. At least he knew his parents' name. Some even didn't have that privilege. He, sometimes, wished he didn't know those names... didn't meet them. It was pathetic to think like that, sometimes downright disrespectful. Both of them were respected, feared, and loved. In their encounters, Naruto became sure his parents loved him unconditionally. They were proud of him whether he failed or pass. They believed him when he was merely a child of a couple of hours. And that made their absence more unbearable. Those precious moments in the memories, he longed them. One day, in the war-time, he wanted to reanimate his mother... his reanimated father was there when Naruto asked Orachimaru to share the knowledge of Reanimation Jutsu. He still remembered that day...

It was the second year of the fourth shinobi war. A lot of people from the allied shinobi force died. Neji, Kotetsu, Karui, Onoki, Chojuro, Ketsuchi, Kankuro, Baki, Ebisu, Tsume, Raido, Tenten... they lost many more. It truly was his desperation talking. His desperation to find a solution to stop the madman named Madara. He was too strong... too strong to stop him. He was the new Shinobi God. Rinnesharingan, limbo mode, superior chakra control, and reserve. He was a chakra monster. Karin happened to slow him but only be a few seconds. Her incomplete adamantine sealing chains were too weak to hold Madara off. But...

"Kushina Uzumaki"

A silence fell over the makeshift tent where some important people met to discuss the next plan. There was a pained expression on the reanimated Minato's face. A wary look on Orochimaru, Kakashi and Tsunade's face. Kurotsuchi looked lost. A and Temuri were looking thoughtful. Shikamaru, Sasuke, and  Garra stared at Naruto with a blank expression.

"If Orachimaru reanimates her like the four Hokages, we can stop Madara for long enough to seal him away."

"It's not feasible to do so.", said reanimated Second, Tobirama Senju.

"No, we can stop him. Mom was able to hold down Kurama. She does... did have complete adamantine sealing chains..." It was not impossible, right. Hope bloomed in Naruto's heart. Hope to finish the war for good. Hope to meet her mother again.