-Prolouge-

There's a story my mother used to tell me, about a girl and a boy who fell in love. Their love lasted years, even though they were separated. Their last dying breathes were spent saying each other's names.

Their story begins when the young girl noticed the fisherman's son. He was handsome, charming and kind hearted. Once a week, her mother would visit the boat for fresh fish. She used to tag along and her mother never noticed as to why her daughter insisted on accompanying her.

The young girl would sneak glances at the boy and without her noticing he would too. They fell In love within a series of frequent visits, at times the young girl would go alone because her mother would fall ill. The young boy gathered the courage to speak to her each time she would visit. Her captivating sea green eyes had him hypnotically drawn. He had never seen a girl so beautiful and so proper.

One visit, the girl suggested meeting her by the docks at night. The boy had no hesitation for he was far too in love to think about the consequences. What consequences could either one have? The girl was from a respectful family from the small town of Marine Bay. She couldn't be seen with the lower class but she had never cared much for the higher class. She was in love and for all she knew, she wasn't going to leave him.

Their love was forbidden and dangerous. If her father were to find out, he would have the young boy vanished for finding interest in his only daughter. The couple spent months on end visiting eachother by the docks at night, no one suspected a thing. They had planned out many times how they would tell her family but kept putting it off. What the young girl didn't know was what her father had planned for her.

Her father became mayor with the help of the richest family and in turn he would marry his daughter off to their only son. Their son was delighted to hear the news for he had an interest in the girl since they were children. His parents and the young girls father tricked the boy into thinking she wanted to marry him. He was clueless about her heart belonging to someone else.

The young girl cried about the news, who wouldn't? Her father didn't care about her feelings. He wanted to be mayor and to get it he had to sacrifice his only daughter. She shut herself in her room, her mother tried to break the arrangement but it was too late. Without the young girl knowing, her mother had already seen her with the Fisherman's son. She wanted her daughter's happiness to succeed more than anything.

The mother begged and pleaded with her husband to not make the biggest mistake he would have ever made. He hushed her and ignored her pleas. Then she spoke out too loud about the Fisherman's son. That caused rage in her husband's heart, he couldn't believe that his daughter dared to even look at someone from the lower class. Instead of taking action immediately he plotted a way to get rid of him. He wouldn't allow any form of their love to be known.

Her father gave it a few days. He didn't say anything towards his wife or daughter. He acted as if he knew nothing, his wife was suspicious but let it pass. The mayor gathered his most trusted men and wrote the young girl and the Fisherman's son a letter making it seem like it was between them. In his daughter's letter to the boy he wrote,

-I apologize for lying to you. In all these weeks I have been preparing for my real marriage to the richest young man here in Marine Bay. He loves me and I love him. Our marriage will bring happiness to this town and I hope you understand that what we had between us was only a distraction.

My dearest condolences for ever thinking of you as any better.

Love,
Maren Bay

The mayor had to sound like her in the letter, never did it once break his heart to break his own daughter's heart. He sent it out to the young boy and began to work on the letter for his daughter.

My dearest Maren,
You taught me that no matter who we are, we can always succeed. I have successfully succeeded on finding something better than here. I'll be leaving tonight to the next adventure, don't look for me for I will be far too gone. I wish you happiness in your future marriage. Unfortunately, I hope he loves you like I wasn't able to.

Sincerely,
Ray Harbor

The mayor quickly gave the letter to his daughter. Telling her that a boy dropped off a note. The young girl did not hesitate to take it and run to her room. Her father was relaxed in knowing that they would no longer see each other. He now had to find a way to make him disappear. With that, he would have to gather his men and figure out a way to take the boy out.

How could a man be so cruel? Easy, he was given power. He loved his daughter to an extent but he loved power more.

The young girl read the letter and couldn't believe it. She tried to run out of her home to confront the boy. She had never felt so broken in her life. The words of her father rang in her ears "Finn Marine is the boy for you, he's a respectful young man. He already loves you, give him a chance. You'll know that I'm right dear". She never expected that maybe her father could be right.

She stopped herself, how could she face him after his letter? The young girl decided to accept the marriage, she didn't give it a second thought. Her father was delighted and her mother was defeated. She decided to not tell her daughter anything because she too, was fooled by the letter.

  The young girl, Maren, never searched for the love of her life. She married Finn Marine within the same month. In tears, she eventually fell for her husband but never did the young boy, Ray Harbor ever leave her mind and heart.

  Ray set off to sea, broken hearted and became the biggest and most popular Theif. He turned his once warm heart into cold stone. He never fell in love again, he thought of Maren many times but never did he ever go back to the town where she lived.

  Years passed and generations to generations came by.

  When Ray came back, he came with his last dying breathe. She had waited by the docks as she had been for the past 70 years. There, they met for the last time.

  This story has been passed down by generations. The young girl and young boy are very important in this new and modern story. Because although they no longer live, they're still alive in everyone's hearts of Marine Bay.

  Will you stick around to read the new modern story of another Young girl and young boy?

I'm so excited to finally share this with you all!!! <3

I hope you enjoy this story as much as I enjoy writing it. I have so much planned :)

Please read, share and vote <3

Love you all!!!
-Britney Giselle <3

The Prolouge is not Edited yet, please be patient <3

The first Chapter is now edited so I hope you enjoy it!!!!