ii. MR. DALTON

CHAPTER TWO!( MR

CHAPTER TWO!
( MR. DALTON. )

   LATER THAT DAY, you and Violet walked into the student lounge. With heavy book bags and heavy hearts, the two of you sat down at an empty table and began your trigonometry homework. There were plenty of students around, studying, playing darts, you even noticed Meeks and Pitts working on something that looked to be a sort of radio. Upon seeing Meeks you were reminded to ask him about Latin. You hadn't spoken to him since you got back to school.

"I'll be right back. I just gotta ask Meeks over there for some Latin notes, because if I'm being honest, I didn't write much down, and Meeks is the best in the class," you told Violet before approaching Meeks and Pitts.

"Hey, guys."

"Hi Y/N. Good to see you again," Pitts smiled warmly.

"Likewise," you smiled back.

"Oh, hey Y/N! What's up?" Meeks greeted, adjusting his glasses.

"Not that I'm just using you for your notes... but I was wondering if I could copy whatever notes you took in Latin, I wasn't paying attention," you said hopefully.

"Sure. By the way, who's that new girl you're sitting with?"

"That's Violet Moore, she's my new roommate. I think you'd like her, you should come say hi. You too, Pitts."

"All right," Meeks grabbed his Latin book and stood up. Pitts followed.

The three of you sat down at your table and Violet looked at you, confused. "Violet, this is Steven Meeks, and this is Gerard Pitts," you motioned to the boys.

"Hi, I'm Violet Moore. Nice to meet you." She held out her hand formally to each of them.

"Nice to meet you too. Just so you know, if you ever need any help with Latin, you can always ask me," Meeks offered.

"Yeah, he's a whiz at Latin," Pitts paused, "and Trig, and Chem, and English."

Violet laughed. "Well I'm alright at math and science, but I might need some help with Latin. I don't know how I'm supposed to memorize this by tomorrow," she looked down at her notes in exasperation.

"Here, I'll teach you the system." Meeks leaned over and began explaining, a soft blush dusted his cheeks.

You shared a knowing smirk with Pitts before turning back to your own homework.

Before you knew it, you were joined by Cameron, Neil, and Charlie.

"Hi, guys," Neil smiled, taking a seat.

"Wow look at you two, getting all the ladies," Charlie teased Meeks and Pitts as he took a seat beside you. "Hey Y/N," he smiled, nudging you playfully with his elbow.

"Hey, Mr. Dalton." You nudged back.

"Mr. Dalton? What are you, my teacher?"

"Okay fine. Hello, Charlie," you rolled your eyes in mock annoyance.