Father

Nate

I read the note over and over again. I couldn't figure out if this was a trap or not and I couldn't figure out who had her. The only suspect in my mind was Cole's father.

The note pretty much gave me an address and told me to go there alone if I want her alive. Everything in me screamed to obey them. That's how much I was dying to save her, but Ares insisted that it wasn't a good idea.

But of course I wouldn't listen to him.

I would go there alone even if it meant I'd die, but I would get her out alive first.

Ares was now back to his home and Leo was asleep, so I sneaked out and got to my car.

"Nate?" I heard a familiar voice. "Don't even think about it" He said.

"Vincent please let me go" I pleaded. "You know how it feels"

He sighed, "I give you a few hours to be back, if you're not we're sending backup" He said.

"Thank you" was the last thing I said before I drove off.

________

The place was pretty secluded and run down. It was even worse than Cole's place. I got out of the car before locking the doors and walked towards the place getting my gun out.

There was a huge house there, but it was almost in ruins. I walked in checking every corner.

Maybe this was a trap after all.

"You came" I heard a deep voice.

"Don't be a coward and show your face" I growled.

"Of course" He said just as I saw him coming down the stairs. I poinyed my gun at him but he already had one pointed at me.

"Who are you?" I asked feeling confused. I didn't know this face.

"Who else could I be?" He questioned with a sickening smirk.

I knew that smirk. Cole's father.

"Mr Balker" I said.

"That's right. Now tell me is my son dead yet?" He growled.

"He is not. Yet"

"That's good to know and if you want us to be in good terms you will keep him alive" He said.

"Am I missing something? Why would I want to be on good terms with you?" I frowned.

He paused, "You're just like everyone said you were" He said.

I sighed, "Are you one of my fans as well?"

"It is a pleasure to see you up close Nathaniel"

I cringed.

Why are we calling me Nathaniel?  What did I ever do?

"Can't say the same for you Mr Balker. Now cut the crap and give her to me"

"You thought it would be so easy? I want my son. Alive"

"How did you find out?" I asked.

"Let's say I have my sources" He smirked.

"How did you find out?" I yelled and gestured towards my gun.

"I have a gun as well Nathaniel"

"If you've heard so much about me you must have heard I don't really think about consequences. Tell me before I do something you will regret"

"I know a person really close to you" He smiled.

"Who?!" I yelled.

"You'll find out if you bring me my son. Think Nathaniel. If you shoot me you get the chance to find out where Rose is or who betrayed you"