Chapter 1: First Sight

"Hey...Will I ever get another chance to see you again?"

I walked down the path of beautiful daisies, holding a yellowish-orange leaf in my hand, lifting it upwards to my nose while the summer breeze brush past my face, giving the scent from the grass. I turned my head slightly to my right and noticed a young boy who seems to be around my age, sitting under the tree with a book wide open on his lap.

I headed towards the mysterious boy and sat right beside him, peeking into the book that he was reading. "Interesting book..." I mumbled, holding up the leaf.

"Do you want to read it then?" He snickered.

I laughed it off and said, "I'm Sophia. What's your name?"

He gave a short pause before answering, "Richard. My name's Richard."

We talked for a couple of minutes. Unsure of the time, I gave my watch a check. "Oh no. I'm sorry, Richard. I have to get back home to have my lunch now. Don't want to keep my mother waiting too."

"It's alright. You should be careful on your way back."

"Then... I'll see you next time. You should be careful too. See you!" Turning away from him, I jogged back home.

"Mom!! I'm home! Mom?"

"Oh, honey! You're just in time for lunch, I made you your favorite dish, Fish & Chips! Eat it while it's still hot."

"Mom! I meet a new friend today!" exclaiming in excitement.

"That's new. What's their name?"

"He said his name was Richard. Do you think I'll be able to see him again?"

"Perhaps. But right now you have a meal to finish and a room to clean."

I flinched. "Ah. I forgot about my room." Gobbling up my food in a shot, I stammered, "I've finished. I'll go clean up my room now. Thanks for the meal, mom!"

I spent the next few hours cleaning my room. Finally, I was done. What a total nightmare was it to finish packing my room. I turned to take a look outside my window and noticed that it was already dark. I stare out towards the lively plants that were in my backyard.

"Will I be able to see you again tomorrow?"

Looking at every corner, and I stumbled upon a bright glowing star. And so, I prayed that the next day would come and hope that he'll be there. I shrugged the negativities off my shoulders and went to prepare for bed.

It was a silent night. I could hear the wind blowing while crickets were chirping. Soon, I found myself dozing off.

"Goodnight, Richard."

To be continued...