Chapter 28

Cassandra's POV

"Someone must have planned this. Around that time, all the cameras in that area were shut down. No one can explain this," A deep gravelly voice said.

"The nurse who took the children for the apparent check-up has also gone missing. No one has seen her in the last four days." Another voice said.

I couldn't listen to this anymore, maybe it was time I accepted my new reality.

I pressed my back against the wall for support.

Why was I so misfortunate? Was I destined for pain? It never ended.

I turned the doorknob and entered my room. Heading to my bed.

I threw my head onto the pillow and started crying again. I cried so much my head was spinning, I fell back to sleep again.

I opened my eyes, I was back in the abandoned factory. The same one Antonio kept me in. I could hear the sound of water droplets as it hit the ground from the leaking roof.

Soon I heard the sound of metal chains colliding into each other.

I looked around my surrounding in panic as the sound continued getting louder.

In an attempt to run away, I fell onto the ground, chains around my legs holding me back.

I saw my reflection in the water running on the ground. My eyes were puffy and my hair a giant mess.

"Poor little pathetic thing," A deep vicious voice said.

I turned around in panic Antonio smirking at me.

"It can't be!" I yelled. "You in prison, they arrested you," I yelled again.

"You have no idea what's possible," he said, his smirk widening into a grin.

I was back in this hole again, this time I wasn't pregnant."

"Cassie, you need to wake up." I heard an angelic whisper.

I felt a tap on my shoulder followed by a rough shake.

I groaned refusing to wake up, my eyes still closed.

Opening my eyes, Xavier was staring at me a wide smile on his face.

Had I been dreaming? Was I still dreaming?

My eyes half opened, I placed my hands on Xavier's face and started pulling his checks. Just to make sure he was real. I pinched myself on my arm just to make sure I wasn't still dreaming.

He looked at me, his eyebrow raised his one hand hovering over me trapping me onto the bed.

"You have to get up now," he said with enthusiasm.

"I want to be alone," I said in a deep sleepy voice.

"They found our children," he said.

A smile grew on my face as I pushed Xavier by his shoulders off of me.

He bit his lip jerking away in pain holding his shoulder.

"Where are they?" I asked in excitement, dismissing the fact that I could have hurt his arm.

"We going to the crime scene. Apparently, they found them with some woman, they didn't tell me much. We going to them now." He said.

I got to the car long before Xavier, dragging my legs with the last bit of energy I had left.

Throughout the ride, I held my hands together in excitement, it was like I was meeting them for the first time all over again or like a child about to open her birthday present.