23|taking in the sights and measuring the sounds

taking in the sights and measuring the sounds

"What jerks. God I should've done way worse than just to threaten him," the curly haired girl deadpanned as they walked further away from the bar. Her hands were clenched into tight fists, her heart thummering fast as the sickening image of the boy's hands on Gray clogged her brain.

"Elis it's fine. We're away now and they won't do anything to me."

"Fine?" Elis stopped walking and turned around, incredulity dripping in her tone. "Gray, there was nothing fine about the way those losers treated you. Like you were some sort of item they could just toss around and play with."

"I know that, okay? But we're away--"

"I don't care that we're away. I should've broken his arm. I can't believe he had the guts to lay his dirty fucking hands on you."

"Yeah I know it wasn't okay but they're--"

"I mean who the hell do those jerks think they are? The next time I come across any one of them, I swear I won't hesitate to break one of their arms."

"Elis you need to calm d--"

"Or I can break their dicks seeing as that's the only thing they function on."

"ELIS!" Elis stopped, her hard gaze turning to the shorter girl who's been trying to talk, and Elis sighed when she realised that she has not been letting her, and simultaneously her glare softened. "Fuck. I'm sorry. It's just the thought of those bastards molesting you that really got to me."

"Elis. Nobody molested me. Yes they did some pretty stupid things and not to make any excuses for them but they were intoxicated and besides, they got what they deserved."

Elis audibly exhaled, her gaze fixated on the street before looking back at Gray. "I don't want you to dismiss it so lightly, Gray. Those were some pretty unacceptable dick moves, and you should kick a person in the nuts the next time that happens and I'm not around, okay?"

The ginger girl sighed, but she nodded.

"No, please, I need hear it," the taller girl insisted.

"Okay, yes I will," Gray immediately replied with an exasperated look she couldn't hide, and the air had changed as she continued walking down the road, leaving Elis slowly trailing behind her.

~

Elis and Gray just about walked a long distance from the central place of the town, that they've just gotten to an open grassland area. There wasn't much to the place except for it's vast greenness and the steepy aspect. With barely saying anything for the particularly long duration of their walk, Elis followed Gray to a tree situated on one of the hilliest part of the grassland.

And the two girls sat under the shadow casted by the tree, it's branches calmly following the direction of the wind as Elis began to play with the taller grasses, and Gray occasionally darted her hazel eyes to her. It was not long until she caught Elis's gaze, both girls holding the moment in which their eyes met until the curly haired girl sighed, reaching out to grab Gray's hand, and trying to see if she would pull away. She didn't.

"Are you still upset at me?" Elis asked, uncertain of her response and hating that she couldn't tell her emotions from the way in which Gray looked at her.

"No," the ginger girl replied. "I never was."

"You seemed to though," Elis said.