Chapter 37

Isabella Victoria

I rush through the halls and staircases of the palace, back to my rooms. I throw open the door and quickly close it behind me.

"Theo, Anna, Eliza, we need to pack for a two week trip at a beach! We leave tomorrow!"

"What is all this commotion about miss?"

"The king has invited everyone to go to his seaside palace. We are leaving tomorrow! The trip is two weeks long. We must pack."

"Of course miss, we shall begin packing immediately."

They walk into the dressing room and pull trunks off the top of shelves and set them on the floor. Eliza begins to pack up the vanity and Theodosia and Anna begin to pack mountains of clothing into the trunks. They bustle around the room carrying wooden boxes and piles of clothing.

"Can I help you with something?"

"There's no need, miss, we're halfway done."

"Already?"

"We keep everything organized by sections and the vanity is nearly always practically boxed up and ready to go."

"Is there anything else I can help with?"

"If you want to, could you take that basket of clothing in the corner down to the laundry?"

"Of course."

I walk across the dressing room and pick up the basket of clothing. I walk out of my chambers carrying the basket on my hip. As I walk down the stairs, servants bow and hurry along on their way. When I reach the laundry area the air becomes sticky and hot.

"Um, I'm here to drop off some laundry. Where should I go?"

"Oh my lady, please just call one of us up to your rooms next time. There's no need for you to have to bring your own laundry down."

"Oh it's alright. I don't mind -"

"Oh the name's Rosa."

"It's very nice to meet you Rosa, I'm Isabella."

"Pleasure's mine miss, I can take that basket for you."

"Oh, thank you."

"It should be done by the end of the day."

"So soon?"

"Oh yes, we have about fifty people down here working to get everyone's laundry clean. Now a lady such as yourself shouldn't be down here."

I walk out of the laundry area and up the stairs. As I walk the air becomes colder and arid. I walk through the side hallways and staircases, avoiding nobles, as I walk back to my rooms.

<><><>

"Miss you must wake now."

"We don't want to be late to board the carriages to Litore Maris."

"Alright, alright. I'm coming."

"Good, breakfast is on the table."

Anna hands me a robe, and I pull it on over my night dress. I walk into the main chamber and sit at the table. She pours a cup of tea and bustles off into the bedroom and begins to strip the bed. She carries the bedding into the bathing room. I quickly finish eating and walk into the dressing room.

"Oh good, you're done eating. Come in, come in."

Theodosia tosses me some garments and I quickly change. Anna takes my old clothing and places it into a laundry basket. Theodosia begins to button and tie petticoats on to me. Then, she clasps the corset around my waist and begins to tighten it. Anna begins to unbutton a navy blue dress. When Theo is done, she takes the dress from Anna and pulls it over my body. Theodosia begins to button up the dress as Anna looks for a pair of boots. Anna places the boots next to my feet, Theodosia pats my back and leaves the dressing room. I sit on the vanity chair, pull the boots onto my feet, and quickly tie the laces tucking the ends underneath the laces. When I'm finished, Eliza takes the mussed braid out of my hair and begins to brush it and pull strands of hair into a braid. I place my pocket watch into the hidden pocket of my dress and throw my cloak over my shoulders, clasping it under my throat. Eliza pulls her cloak on and grabs her knitting basket. The four of us leave the room and walk through the palace, down to the carriage loading area.

<><><>

"Carriage number four, Lady Parr."

"Thank you."

My maids and I walk down the line of carriages until we reach the fourth one in line. The footman opens the carriage door and we climb in. A few minutes pass before the carriage jolts forward and the clopping of the horse hooves on cobblestones becomes the loudest sound.

"Let the trip begin."

A/N: Thank you for reading. I can't believe that this is almost done. Love M