A Walk In The Woods:

It was a hot and humid Summer's evening and I decided to go for a walk in the woods; my house where I lived was right next to the woods because my family loved nature and we had a farm nearby where I would work with animals because I love animals.
I put my trainers on and decided to leave a note for my parents telling me that I would be outside. I grabbed a pen from the cupboard in the kitchen and pulled out a Pink post-it note and wrote 'gone for a walk will be back soon!' Onto the post-it note, I pulled the note off and hung it onto the fridge, closed the door and walked off into the woods.
I was enjoying my walk thinking about nature and life's mysteries; it was peaceful to take time out of life to just think and reflect in nature. I was oddly drawn to the dark and spooky side of life and I had always been curious about it since childhood I always wanted to know everyone and everything, it was my curious nature that had gotten me in trouble before as a kid.
I walked past bushes and trees and heard a snapping noise so I turned to my left in the direction where the noise had come from but there was nothing there, 'probably just a small animal, it is the woods after all,' I thought to myself and continued walking. I passed several streams until I came to a place I didn't recognize in this part of the woods, a bridge and a huge river were flowing freely.
It was not until a few minutes later I heard another snapping sound like somebody stepped on a twig so I turned around and saw a shadow of a man standing behind a tree. Feeling panicked I decided to run and with horror, I felt I didn't recognize this part of the woods and I realized I was lost.
It was almost dusk now and the sky was beginning to change its colour from a bright Blue into a darker hue. I knew my parents would be worried; I hadn't even taken my mobile phone with me. It was just supposed to be a short casual walk and I would have to hurry in time to get home for dinner.
I started running through the woods, pushing past the trees and bushes. I felt like I was being followed by that man, I didn't even know who it was; I had never seen them before. The woods near my house was private because my parents owned the property as billionaires, yes I was born rich I was lucky, blessed in a way to be able to live comfortably but right now I didn't feel comfortable not with my life at risk.
'What if he's a serial killer or an axe-wielding maniac?' I thought to myself. My brain started filling up with worst-case scenarios and horrible thoughts about how I would die or he would kill my family but no matter how fast I was running I felt like I was getting nowhere, the trees and bushes were endless and there was no path leading anywhere. I felt like I was in some kind of a nightmare except it was real.
I was here in the woods, a man was chasing me and I was lost. I had no idea where to go, which direction would lead me home and I didn't want to die I had only turned twenty-one last year in August. It was too early for me to die just yet.
I came up to a huge oak tree and started climbing it even though I was afraid of heights I wanted to be above ground and higher up than the man, I hoped that he would not climb the tree or see me, I pushed myself into the thick branches of the tree and tried to cover myself with the leaves. I looked up into the sky I could see a pale moon shining down now.
I looked down and saw the man walking around, he was looking for me, I silently prayed that he would not look up into the tree and see me, I was beyond scared and normally I didn't scare so easily. The man continued looking for a while so I turned away and closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on leaving.
When I opened my eyes he was gone, I looked left and right but I couldn't see him. I knew I wasn't dreaming and he couldn't have just disappeared but it seemed as if he had. I thought to myself that maybe just maybe he wasn't human after all.