xlvi - recovery

♡♡♡
●ARIA POV●

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't witness it myself . The power of love definitely can be transcendent for some . Trip's transformation is not just obvious with how he handles and sees situations but the physical qualities on him has changed . He looks happier, brighter , and if you could believe it, more handsome .

Without being prompted , he began visiting local senior homes and sitting with the elderly . He'd listen to them talk, read to them or dance with the lines of women who were more than excited to be in the arms of a young strapping man . From there he started visiting local animal shelters, he branched out and volunteered his time to the people who have been forgotten.  Something he was way too used to .

Even his family noticed the change . At first they were skeptical but with the constant visits with Warren and Alex. And then his sisters, his parents began to see him every other day. The broken family was coming together slowly but the healing was already taking place . I knew that Sonja was keeping him in line . The family embraced her the way I knew they would .

I told him last week that he was a free man and that we could introduce him to the public again . He said to me , "I don't care about them . I only care about the people closest to me ." He truly was a changed man. So celebrate my lift of his appointments and him doing normal people things again, we all went to visit him at his home .

"I don't know why he didn't want to drive into the city," Warren complains .

"He's going to lock everything up in the house before he comes back. It's his last hurrah," I explain.

"I get it . I'm very proud of how far he's come along."

"I think we all are . Have you guys discussed what he'd like to do when he comes back?" I asked.

"He wanted to do more charitable work . Start a foundation for the forgotten ," Warren tells me.

"That's amazing! I would help him raise awareness for it," I say like a proud mother.

"Talk to him about it . He only asked us to help with the capital and from there he'll do the rest . He's actually a genius, you know?" Warren states.

"Oh , I know . It's a shame it wasn't nurtured the way it should have ," I say .

"My father wanted him to work with us but was happy when Trip told him of his plans. He doesn't want to make a huge deal out of it, just wants to get to helping people right away," Warren says as we pull into the drive .

It looked like we were the first to get there as Sonja came out of the house to greet us , "hey , we're in the back. He's throwing on the patties," she waves us over .

I hugged Sonja , "You look wonderful," I tell her.

"I feel great, also, Trip and I wanted to ask you something," she says , Warren and I exchanged glances .

We got to the back and sat on the couches near the grill, "So Sonja said you guys want to ask me a question," I dove right in.

"Right," Trip says as he greets us.

The two of them were standing next to each other and he begins , "As you know, we have been with each other for a couple months now . And I don't have anything set up yet, is it okay of I stayed with you for awhile?"