𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

You stood awkwardly in front of the full-length mirror in your bedroom, pulling down on the hem of your skirt. You had finally put together your costume and was trying it on for the upteenth time that week. It was now Friday and the party wasn't until tomorrow, but you were already bouncing off the walls in excitement.

After hanging out with Tatum in the grocery store yesterday, your fears about leaving the house had all but vanished cpmpletely. Besides, it was supposed to be just a small gathering with your closest friends. What could possibly go wrong?

The darkened bedroom was lit only by the few seasonal scented candles that had been littered across nearly every surface. It was just light enough that you could make out your reflection in the mirror. The radio played softly in the background. It was some random talk-show with Halloween music playing in between conversation segments.

Somehow, the night before Halloween always felt spookier than the holiday itself. It was like the world was holding its breath in anticipation for the festivities to come. You had all but tuned out the radio, too focused on inspecting yourself in the mirror. Tatum had decided to go as Cher from Clueless last minute and Sidney was planning on going as Velma from Scooby-Doo.

Biting your lip, you reached around behind you to shrug off the top of the costume when you heard the deep sound of a throat clearing behind you.

"Well don't you look sweet..."

You whipped your entire body around to see that your bedroom window had been pushed open halfway. Sticking his head inside was none other than Billy Loomis. His upper half was propped up onto the sill by his elbows and he eyed you in a way that was almost predatory. He grinned up at you as you still struggled not to scream in surprise. "Jeez, Billy," you whined, pulling your sleeves back up over your shoulders. "What are you doing here?"

He shrugged nonchalantly and looked down, picking at the chipped paint on your window sill. "Was out on a walk and saw your parents' car pull out. I know they've been real sticklers about curfew lately so I thought I'd pay you a visit."

Your mom and dad had left for a business gathering a few minutes ago in the next town over. It was the first time they'd left you all alone in the house since the night of the attack. You were a little nervous about the whole thing but your fears evaporated as soon as Billy arrived. 

 Accepting this answer, you turned back around in the mirror and tossed your hair around, trying to figure out which way you should wear it for the party. "Well why didn't you go visit Sidney?"

After a long pause on his end, you took a step back and eyed Billy's reflection in the mirror. His boyish smile fell at the mention of his girlfriend's name. "Yeah..." he mumbled, still dragging his fingernails against the old paint. "Sidney..."

You furrowed your eyebrows and turned around again, arms crossed in front of you. "What's the matter with you?"

The scraping sound stopped and he looked up, jerking his head to the side in order to move the strands of stylishly messy hair out of his eyes. "Nothin, princess." His eyes twinkled, giving him an extra charming look as he pulled his leg through the window to stand up tall in your bedroom.

Even though he was shorter than Stu by a good few inches, you'd never know it by how they carried themselves. You observed nervously as he inspected your room with a lazy smile. "Didn't get a good look at your room the last time I was here," he chuckled. "It suits you."

Heat rushed to your cheeks and your eyes darted around the area, trying to spot anything potentially embarrassing lying around. Thankfully, you had just done your laundry and there weren't any articles of dirty clothing strewn about. Only your countless horror movie posters, overstocked bookshelves, and the mountain of stuffed animals on your twin bed. Not to mention the desk that was currently housing all of your now useless schoolwork and your bulky white desktop that was covered in layers upon layers of random promotional stickers.