Ayat looked at the framed picture with blank eyes

Ayat looked at the framed picture with blank eyes. The woman in front of her looked nothing like her. She looked happy.

It was her wedding photo, taken just before the reception.

She had a huge smile on her face, her eyes shining with happiness. Even Omar looked happy. She sighed before looking back at the dress in her hands.

Since Omar was the heir to a pretty important business, they always attended high end parties. This one in particular was very important. Something about a famous businessman from oversees coming to attend.

She had been thankful for this event. If it hadn't taken place, her body would've been bruised. Omar refrained himself from hitting her because he didn't want anyone to get the wrong impression about what happens behind closed doors.

She started on her makeup, opting for a elegant, simple look. She smiled as she remembered a memory of her and Eshal. Eshal loved to do makeup on others. She would literally drag Ayat, make her sit on a chair and do her makeup to the point where Ayat even knew the basics of it. But after Eshal stopped coming over, Ayat had to learn everything about it herself.

The memory made her feel worse.

She realized that she was truly alone.

She didn't have a family. She didn't have friends. She didn't have anyone.

Ayat sighed before continuing her makeup. She hurriedly applied the makeup, not wanting to anger her husband.

She changed into an elegant colored dark green dress. It was made of velvet and had an off the shoulder, long sleeves. It hung on to each of her curves and reached the floor.

A few years ago, Ayat wouldn't have been comfortable wearing a dress like this, but now, she was used to it.

She curled the ends of her hair and made a hair crown braid.

She looked at herself in the mirror one last time before slipping in her nude pumps as she headed downstairs.

Omar looked up from his phone as he heard the sound of heels. He rolled his eyes at how long his wife took before grabbing her hand and leading her to the limo waiting for the both of them outside.

"You better be on your best behavior tonight." Omar growled out as his wife fearfully nodded. "And remember, no one should get suspicious. Or else, you know what will happen." Ayat nodded once again. He would kill her. Quite literally he would. He wasn't afraid of anything or anyone. Plus, his so called friends would help him out.

They reached the outdoor venue. It was a little chilly out but nothing too serious. Omar wrapped his arm around her waist and walked towards the venue as paparazzi took pictures. Ayat's hand tightened on her clutch, looking down.

Omar immediately started greeting everyone, all while his wife beside him. Everyone had champagne in their hands except for Ayat.

The venue looked absolutely gorgeous. There were tables placed with vases full of flowers on top. There was even a red carpet and a stage at the end, where the speeches would take place.