One last Act

Thank you for reading and enjoy!

"Damian, stand down." Damian did not move an inch, tightening his hold on his katana. Tim looked between two, pulling Danny behind him. "That's an orde-"

"Ttt I am neither your dog nor your Robin." Bruce glared at Damian but the boy did not back down. Bruce's one punch sent Dick to the ground, Danny was not going to let him do the same to Damian. He was a hero and heroes don't let others take the fall for them, no matter how afraid they are.

"Damian-"

"He would find out sooner or later." Danny was with Damian; at this point their secret identities were the least of his worries but didn't Batman and Robin go together? No one moved, staring intensely at each other. The tension could be cut with a plastic knife. Danny almost sent a blast at Bruce, jumping from the sound. To his surprise, the others didn't even bat an eye. Tim awkwardly cleared his throat when no attempt was made to silence the sound.

"It's you're phone B." Bruce glared at Tim before taking out his phone. At least it didn't feel like the room was suffocating them anymore.

"Not now Clark," Bruce cut the phone, not allowing the caller to say a word. The phone rang again, pissing off the man. Bruce crushed the phone in his hands returning to glaring at them.  A short lived moment, the manor's landline phone rang like there was no tomorrow. Whoever this 'Clark' was, really needed better timing or maybe this was good timing? Damian 'tted' before throwing a Batarang at the phone. Alfred was not going to be happy.

"Step awa-" Damian was interrupted by the ringing of Tim's phone. Honestly, the moment was ruined. Clearly someone really wanted to reach Bruce. Bruce huffed as Damian slightly lowered his katana.

"Hello?" Tim answered his phone. Unlike the others, Danny had enhanced hearing. The voice on the other end took a shaky breath.

"Tim, I need to speak to Bru-"

"It's for you Bruce," Tim placed the phone on speaker. "Go head Clark."

"Hey, so ... you're not gonna wanna hear this but..."

"Then don't call!" Bruce stepped forward to grab the phone, only to be stopped by Damian's katana.

"Don't move fath-" 

"The world-" 

"Clark I'm in the middle of something-" 

"But the world-"

"CAN THE WORLD JUST STAY SAVED FOR FIVE MINTUES?"

"I'm sorry! But we really need your hel-"

"I HAVEN'T EVEN PUT MY KEYS DOWN."

"I know but we have an alien in-"

"CLARK I'M TRYING TO PARENT -"

"There won't be KIDS to PARENT if there is no WORLD."

"GOD damnit CLARK. YOU ARE ALL USELESS!" Bruce stomped towards his office before turning back to them. "This is not over and you're all grounded. No patrol, sleepovers, or Alfred's cookies." Tim shrugged his shoulders, not caring about the restrictions. Was this how parenting worked in the manor? Pulling out weapons, threats and then just walking away? He didn't have superhero parents but Maddy and Jack's parenting didn't seem all that bad anymore. At least they only attacked his ghost half. 

"Where's Alfred?" Danny was convinced he was the only sane person at the manor. Damian 'tted', waking off to who knows where.

"He's away and should be back by tomorrow. You should get some sleep," Tim headed to his room.