Chapter 10

"Dad!" Julie walks in the front door of her house, surprising Mr. Molina, who is frustrated while reading tons of papers that are scattered across the peninsula that separates the kitchen and dining room.

"Aah!" Mr. Molina replies in the same tone as Julie, feeling her half-jump onto his back. "Good, you're home."

"What's all that?" Julie asks, reading the papers strewn across the peninsula.

"Just some, you know, other schools with music programs, some private lessons stuff..." Mr. Molina says, still looking through the fifty or so papers he's printed over the course of the day. "It probably looks like a mess, but your dad's got this."

"Luckily for you, I got back in at my school." Julie says, shocking her father.

"Really? Yes! I am so happy for you!" Mr. Molina throws a huge pile of papers, and the two of them go to pick them up, Julie reading some of the pages that are now scattered across the floor.

"The Australian School of Music? That's halfway around the world." Julie looks at one of the papers, trying to imagine going to a school that is not only thousands of miles away, but also has a different dialect of English. She can't even imagine being that far away from Brielle or Flynn or her family, no matter how little time it was.

"I would have brought you home for Christmas and stuff." Julie just shakes, her head, joining Brielle in the studio, seeing two of the three boys from Sunset Curve. Brielle, is staying the night, yet again, because she claims her family is fighting, again, which, it could definitely be true, but she just doesn't want to go see her family because she is just plain scared of them. Most of all, her dad. Luke is playing a riff on the guitar, trying to see if it sounds good to Reggie and Brielle.

"Guys, what do you think of this riff?" He asks, playing a cool riff that goes perfectly with the melody that they were creating before Brielle showed up a few minutes ago.

"Sweet. I'm digging that. And then, I come in with a little, uh..." Reggie adds his own bass guitar harmony to Luke's riff and Brielle jams to the sound, keeping her mouth shut.

"And then, when Julie comes in with her killer lyrics," Luke starts, imagining the lyrics of the poem Julie had in her dream box, "Sunset Curve is reborn."

"You're forgetting one tiny little thing." Brielle says, seeing the paper that Luke was looking at. "That's from her dream box. You'll be dead again before you can even think about getting onstage."

"Guys, you aren't supposed to be playing out here alone." Julie says, not even realizing that Brielle is literally in there with them.

"But we're not alone. Because we always have each other." Reggie says. "And, Brielle is here."

"You're lucky she's here." Julie sighs, unplugging Reggie's bass guitar.

"But... we were playing on level one." Luke frowns, looking at the girl ruining all of their fun.

"But we rocked it on level ten. Wanna hear us play it again?" Reggie replies with a smile, watching Julie unplug Luke's guitar as well. Sorry, Luke. You had it coming.

"I really don't think she does." Luke sets down his guitar. Reggie agrees, setting down his guitar as well. "We've actually been waiting for you to get home."

"You guys were like hyperactive puppies when I walked through the door." Brielle says, making Julie curious to hear what they want.

"We have some pretty major news to tell you." Luke says, all excited like he was a few moments ago when Brielle walked in. "We had a band meeting earlier, and we want to invite you to join Sunset Curve. And no, you're not dreaming." Julie's face falls, just echoing the word, "oh" to them, because all she can really think about is Flynn. "Oh. She said 'oh'. That's what you say when you get socks on your birthday, not when you're invited to join the most awesome band ever."