Fun Side

"Aren't you going to knock?"

Alex faltered, his knuckles still hovering over the palm tree door, the words reading "NO SOLICITING". "...Isn't too late to turn back, y'know." He glanced back to his companion, attempting to bargain.

Ayana could see why he didn't want to knock; his friends were howling with laughter and they seemed to be doing just fine. Nobody seemed to be getting hurt, and even Melman wasn't complaining about diseases.

"I didn't just carry you almost the entire way over here, so you better knock and stop being such a scaredy-cat, man." Ayana taunted.

Alex then looked back at the door, then his friend, who pushed him forward slightly. The leopard grinned with anticipation, and he returned the smile with uncertainty, but both were still genuine.

He inhaled and knocked.

"Shh. Shh. It's him." Melman whispered.

"Who is it?" Marty asked.

"It's the pizza man. Who the heck do you think it is?" Alex remarked.

Marty slid the slot of the door to see them. "Yes? Can I help you?" He asked them.

"Can I come to the fun side?"

Marty closed the slot and unlocked the chained door just a bit. "Beg your pardon?"

"You know, I've been kind of a jerk, Marty." The monochromatic animal expressions softened as he continued. "But I've been thinking about what you said and also Ayana convinced me, and I'm sorry."

Hearing his words, shut the door and began unlocking a collage of locks, making Alex roll his eyes and share a look with Ayana as she jerked her thumb to the door.

"Welcome to Casa del Wild. Take a load off." The door pulled open with enthusiasm. The zebra regarded the big cats with total happiness, stepping back. "Hey, hey, wipe your feet."

The two looked down at the mat that said, Wild Sweet Wild, and obeyed it so they could see the glorious hang-out place Marty and Ayana had created under the leafy roof.

"Alex! Ayana!" Gloria greeted, lounging in a chair as Melman waved to the pair.

"Mi casa is su casa," Marty tells them.

Marty shook a canister from behind the bar as if making a martini, preparing to serve his friends drinks.

Alex stepped noiselessly forward, nosing his way around the well lit, warm tiki bar. He spun around slowly after he walked down the steps, and carefully examined the interior design of the tiki bar. The lanterns of different colors, the seating arrangement around the fireplace with flat rocks stuck in a fashion to represent animal print. Gloria and Melman relaxed in their seats, holding their drinks served in a coconut.

"Very impressive," Alex commented.

"Yeah, you really outdid yourself with the lights, bud."

"But you were the one that suggested the furniture arrangements. Hey, have a drink. It's on the house." Marty says, handing them each a coconut.

They took a small sip and quickly spat it out.

"This is seawater." Alex pointed out.