Chapter Fifteen

Yoongi looked as though he was about to object however he was interrupted by Joon.

"Are you sure you want to do it?" He questions me reluctantly.

"More than sure," I nod.

"Okay uh- well you need to do it in the next twenty minutes at least. It should be safe as long as you are careful," he explains to me.

Then him and Jin both leave the room heading to the front to tell Hobi, the decided train conductor, what was going to happen.

"You know, you don't have to do it?" Yoongi says quietly.

"I want to," I smile.

"Just...Be careful, please," he sighs lightly.

"Sure thing Yoongles!" I smile happily.

"Did you just-" he asks before I cut him off.

"Yes I did," I say, knowing he was going to ask about the ludicrous nickname I had given him.

A burning question was waiting to be answered; so I just went ahead and asked him, "would you be able to watch my back through the carriage?"

"Of course," he says.

"Well, I'm going to look at the thingy," I say whilst standing up.

"The thing that attaches the carriages together?"

"Yes Yoongi, the thing that connects them together."

***

It had been fifteen minutes and now it was time for me to detach the carriage.

"All I have to do is remove the pin, raise both of the handles, raise the tongue to unclasp both of the graspy things and uh..." I trail off to the boys.

"Detach the safety chain," Hoseok says.

I didn't question him. He seemed to know a lot about trains.

"and detach the safety chain," I repeat back.

( a/n: In case you aren't sure what part of the train I'm talking about there is a picture at the very top :] )

I was so ready for this.

"Let's get it!" I shout jogging down two of the carts.

I come out from cart three which was on the right side of the train, since we were heading North. The train continued to move many miles per hour, draining more and more fuel every minute. The cold wind blew through my hair, sending it in different directions frantically. My clothes were pulling back and sticking to me at the front. I look back to see Yoongi watching my every move.

I placed my hand on the left railing and as I went to place my hand on the right railing, it just fell down by my side without command. When I looked over to see what happend, I noticed that there was no railing there. Just one small rusty pole that was spiked at the top. The railing must have broken off a while ago leaving this dangerous stump.

Okay that's enough lollygagging Y/n! Snap out of it! I need to unclasp this coupler, which Hobi told me was the name of these things that hold the carriages together. How hard can this be?

I crouched down and looked at the decaying coupler that was below me. Okay so first I need to remove the pin. Which part is the pin? Aish, maybe this is going to be harder than I thought. Roaming my hands around the metal, I looked for a little metal rod that could possibly be pulled out. Eventually my fingers wrapped around -what I believe is- the pin and pulled it out of its place. Lazily, I threw it off the train's mini balcony and watched it hit the floor.

Now to raise the handles on either side. First, I need to locate them. I'm going to assume it was these two loose parts. Carefully but with ease, I raised the handle that was closest to me and then I tried to reach out for the one that was further away but I couldn't quite grasp onto it enough to pull it out.

Pulling my right hand back towards me I crossed my heart and prayed to God before placing it down on the solid part that is attached to the train carriage. I hold my breath before slowly letting go of the railing and reaching out to the far handle with my non-dominant and raising it before quickly crawling backwards and holding onto the left and only railing tightly. Pressing my forehead against the railing, I let out the shaking breath that I was holding in. 

"Now to unclasp these...claw thingies," I say reaching out again and detaching the two carriages.

The two carriages were lose now and just hanging on by one single chain. It was making a lot of noise. Surely this part is the easy part. All I have to do is disconnect the chain and then the carriages will be free of each other. My thoughts were interrupted by the loud screech of wheels against the track. Some orange sparks started flying either side of me. Confused, I stood up and looked around the edge and at the front only to see a hydrogen transport truck blocking the track; and our train heading right for it.

"Y/N GET BACK IN HERE!" Yoongi yelled from inside the train carriage...