Chapter 8

(Y/n)'s POV

Today I was going to hang out with Elijah. Just Elijah.
It was going to be a great day.

I finish up my breakfast as fast as I could to get my hair done, my clothing and make-up. I didn't really wear much.

I also tie my hair up like this

I held my breath as I went downstairs and saw Elijah, nothing much changed from him except for his clothes

"Hey." He greeted with a smile on his face.

"Hi." I breathed out, then also forming a smile on my face. I was nervous for I've actually never gone out with someone older than me by two years.

"You ready to go?"

"Yep."

•♡°♡°♡•

We arrived to an amusement park, a smile formed on my face, revealing how happy I was.
"Since when did you find out there was an amusement park here?" I asked.

He returned my smile with his and answered, "Literally, Google has everything."

I laughed as I automatically have already started a conversation, it wasn't really hard to talk to an Elijah Best, he literally talks about anything.

We were queuing up for the roller coaster when I've noticed someone who looked very familiar.

It was Alex, although he seemed like he was looking for someone. I immediately pointed out to the purple-haired guy. I never knew he was in town.

Elijah waved to get his attention, and he did.
He sprinted towards us, with a delightful smile on his face.

"Y/n! Elijah! Oh, are you two on a date? I hope I'm not interrupting.: Alex greeted with a gentle manner, he was always thoughtful of others.

"Hey Alex!!" I greeted with a warm hug, as he did the same to Elijah - completely ignoring his thought. "I thought you were coming back next summer??"

"Yeah I was, but I just felt like I needed a break. I was going to call you guys," he replied, his brows furrowed as he seemed worried.

"Are you here by yourself?" The question came from Elijah.

"Nope, I was waiting for my date... till he bailed out on me. I guess he just thought I was weird." Alex replied, his sighs quite sad.

I patted him on the back, "Don't worry Alex, you're definitely not weird! That guy's a goner, there are plenty other men out there."

Alex's face was relieved, his sad sighs turning into delighted ones.

"Why don't you come with us? It'll be so much fun!" I suggested.

"No, no... don't worry about me! You go on with your date, I'll be heading for your brother's house now, since I'm staying for the night." Alex responded.

"Cool! Guess we'll catch up later then?"

"Yeah, I'll save a few games to play with you little (N/n)*." Alex tilted his head and smiled.
*(nickname)

Alex walked off with a wave goodbye, and I faced Elijah whose face was red from holding in a laugh.

"What?" I glared in a joking matter.

"Little (N/n)!" He said, suddenly bursting out with laughter.

"Shut up!" I laughed, playfully pushing him around.

I guess going on a date is extremely fun, I'm still kind of upset about Alex... It must be tough for him since he's always been interested in boys. I've always supported him, and always will. But I worry about him, he was practically like my second older brother. When he and Sub met, we've always been close, he always played videogames with me if Elijah and Sub would be playing.

Literally Alex has kept my boredom far away from me, for he's always been there. Along with Denis and Corl, but they mostly went with Sub and Elijah; Alex always stuck around me, we told each other practically everything.
I was literally the first one among his friends who he told he was interested in boys, he always asked for advice about it and I'd always help him with it.

So as we are close, it would hurt me to see him heartbroken.

"Hey, you alright?" Elijah spoke, my thoughts fading as I saw his face.

"Yeah, I am." I completely lied.

"No you're not." Elijah replied in a teasingly tone.

"Yes I am." I replied back with the same tone.

"You're worried about Alex aren't you?"

He just knew. I guess I was just too transparent.

"Well, I am. Imagine being him right now, he shows up at a place where he had to go for a date, and his date doesn't show up, it's just complete rubbish." I argued. "He wouldn't have like what you and I have."

I stopped as the words came out quite embarrassing, but it left Elijah with a smile.

"Y/n. it's Alex, if anyone knows how to handle a situation like that, he's the guy. You shouldn't worry too much, he's a tough dude." Elijah said, "He's okay."

Elijah's words had made me calmer, making me realize I practically couldn't go anywhere without him.

"Well, shall we?" Elijah pointed at the empty seats on the rollercoaster- it was finally our turn- it was a signal to get on.
I smiled and followed him.

And we went off with a very fast whoosh! 💨 .