-Eighty-Eight

Science through seasons

Rising moon lures you in close

Children laugh blissful

Layton:

         "This one is positive, but the other two are negative... I'm not sure which one to go by." Amani looked up from the pregnancy tests she was holding in her hands and sighed deeply; we had been through this exact scenario before—not too long ago, but it felt like a millennium when we thought it had finally happened. Though when we did pay the doctor a visit to confirm or not, it turned out to not be true; you could imagine the disappoint the both of us shared as we returned back to the palace, not with the news we were initially hoping to have.

            I cleared my throat, leaning against the frame to the entrance of the bathroom as I looked over at my wife who seemed to be hiding the look of complete panic on her face; but I liked to think I knew her better than most, she was overworking herself not only in her role as Empress, but in this entire process of conceiving an heir. I hated seeing her like this! I'll be honest when she resided in her role as a PR, I tended to observe whenever my brother and I gave her a hard time—or worse, more scandal would arrive, she would begin to stress a great deal.

            Just like she was doing now.

            "Maybe we can check against with the doctor after Rose's wedding?" I suggested to her.

            I watched as Amani continued looking at the tests with a look of disappointment, shaking her head to herself, a few of the coils that had been framing the outline of her face slowly moving against the motion of her head movements. She was dressed beautifully for her best friends' wedding based in the winter season; something that very much suited her own style personality as well as status as Empress.

            Amani decided she wanted to take another pregnancy test, since it's been a while since we had checked on the progress and now he we were with the same result that had sent us home with no pleasantries. If I were being honest, I didn't like how this entire process was making Amani feel; I felt as if she were beating herself up internally for not being able to do something that she as woman felt "necessary" in her role as a wife.

            I knew that to be the furthest from truth in my opinion—I would love her regardless, she had to understand that. Yes, I wanted children, but that didn't mean if something like this couldn't happen that I would no longer be in love with her.

            My love for her didn't work for that.

            I loved her before the idea of marriage and children came into the picture. And the same would hold true until I took my last breath on this earth.

            "Just for it to be a false positive again? No thanks." She replied as she took a deep breath, gripping the tests in her hands tightly. I attempted to step forward in order to comfort her, "Mani I—." She cut me off by walking over to the trash can and dumping the tests into the bin.

            "I'm so sick of this." She muttered in a disgruntled manner before she strutted out of the bathroom, past me in a quick speed; the sounds of her heels clicking against the marble filled my ears like a powerful thunder until they slowly dissipated.

            "Come on, we don't want to be late!" I heard her voice call out to me once more. I frowned deeply, my eyes casting over in the direction of the discarded tests before I turned back around to join my wife as we headed out to see out friends get married.